Moving on to 2016-17 | Syracusefan.com

Moving on to 2016-17

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
With Mal all but gone, I figure it's a good time to reassess where the team is for next year. I had thought with Mal we could be a great offensive team, but now the way the current roster is constructed to have the best possible team we can have, we must be elite defensively. I see the current roster construction very similar to 2012-13 in the fact that we have an elite defensive center and rather big front line. Outside shooting from the backcourt will be a concern, but they all can get to the rim much like MCW/Triche in 2013. Lydon and Battle will most likely be the lead dogs I assume? I know Jake thinks there's a good chance we get Yurtsen, but I have little faith he is cleared. I assume we see a crunch time lineup of:

Chukwu
Roberson
Lydon
Battle
Gillon

Having Roberson and Chukwu/Coleman on the court at the same time is going to really tighten things up offensively for the other guys, unless they've made any improvements offensively. I really wish I was more bullish on us, but unless we get another scorer, I think we finish somewhere after Duke, Louisville, Virginia, UNC, and Miami.

Staff obviously didnt think Mali was going to leave early until it was way too late. All the guards from the 2016 class are signed and just about all the grad transfers. Be a total disaster if Gillon went elsewhere, he turned out to be a must get. Boeheim said numerous times how Mali will be on top of the zone next year (prob thought he was coming back 100% until the uva game) oo bad it wont come to fruition. Battles going to have to be uber aggressive and really take on a scoring load.

PauliePeppas said:
Staff obviously didnt think Mali was going to leave early until it was way too late. All the guards from the 2016 class are signed and just about all the grad transfers. Be a total disaster if Gillon went elsewhere, he turned out to be a must get. Boeheim said numerous times how Mali will be on top of the zone next year (prob thought he was coming back 100% until the uva game) oo bad it wont come to fruition. Battles going to have to be uber aggressive and really take on a scoring load.
Praying for a Hami reclass

Katin Reinhardt would have been the perfect replacement, but we showed zero interest. Just frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom