MTSU's defense | Syracusefan.com

MTSU's defense

pearl31

in cahoots
I only watched bits of the 2nd half vs MSU, but looked like they were switching defenses...

do they play primarily m2m with some 1-3-1 mixed in? Do they go full court much?

So they will be switching out of a good m2m defense into 2 or 3 diff types of zones? I can live with that.

Sounds like a restaurant that serves Italian, Chinese, and Cajun food. Sure they might do one of them well, but the odds that they do them all well is not so good.

I'm most worried about their 1-3-1 since we don't have a PG to get us set. G needs to play an excellent game today.

DownTheField said:
We used to kill that 1-3-1 that West Virginia played
went over the top repeatedly to Hakim. We don't have that kind of player on this team.

went over the top repeatedly to Hakim. We don't have that kind of player on this team.
We don't -- but if MTSU indeed does that, I think we have to give Robey a chance or 2 at that play.

All I can think of though is that Boeheim says if you want to be good at a defense, you have devote all your available practice time to it. So these guys are splitting their practice time between 3, 4, 5 defenses? How good could any of them be? I guess we will find out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom