my dad | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

my dad

pearl31 said:
We lost my dad yesterday morning after a brief (and heroic) battle with liver disease. Many years ago I converted him into a die-hard SU hoops fanatic like myself. One of his greatest joys was the college hoops season and specifically watching Syracuse games. When we didn't watch games together we always conferred via phone at halftime and at the end of games. He loved it so much. We had started making plans to attend the game in Madison next month - I will still attend as if he's there with me. Make sure your loved ones know how much you love them.

So sorry to hear

We lost my dad yesterday morning after a brief (and heroic) battle with liver disease.

Many years ago I converted him into a die-hard SU hoops fanatic like myself. One of his greatest joys was the college hoops season and specifically watching Syracuse games. When we didn't watch games together we always conferred via phone at halftime and at the end of games. He loved it so much. We had started making plans to attend the game in Madison next month - I will still attend as if he's there with me.

Make sure your loved ones know how much you love them.

condolences my brother. will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

And will root especially hard for Cuse in Madison.

We lost my dad yesterday morning after a brief (and heroic) battle with liver disease.

Many years ago I converted him into a die-hard SU hoops fanatic like myself. One of his greatest joys was the college hoops season and specifically watching Syracuse games. When we didn't watch games together we always conferred via phone at halftime and at the end of games. He loved it so much. We had started making plans to attend the game in Madison next month - I will still attend as if he's there with me.

I am so sorry to hear this, pearl31. My condolences to you and your family and all who knew your dad.

Please know he will be with you always. My father has been gone for 25 years now, but all the beautiful memories remain, and the games we watched together and attended together are still fresh in my mind. It will be that way for you too.

Please take care.

So very sorry to hear that pearl31. I'm glad you were able to enjoy SU ball with him and probably other things as well.

My dad died 5 days before my 21st birthday and sadly we never saw either a SU B-ball or F-ball game in person. Money was tight. But he definitely followed them.

Absolutely agree to let your loved ones know just how much you love and appreciate them when they are here.

My best to you and your family and friends. Enjoy the good memories like you are doing.

Pearl, my heartfelt condolences for your loss. My father passed away in February of 1995, 2 years after I moved to Florida from Connecticut. He was my hero and all of the good characteristics and traits that I have are a result of my father mentoring me, mostly by example. After 21 years a day never goes by that I don't think about him and miss him. Sometimes when I'm riding around in by Expedition during the workday I act like I'm dusting off the passenger seat and then I talk out loud as though I'm having a conversation with him. I am a grandfather now and my 33 year old son who has 2 boys also displays the traits and characteristics that we both got from my dad. It is a tribute to the great fathering that my dad set the standard for and it sounds as if you will be enabling your father to live on in your life by cherishing and keeping in mind the things that made him special to you.

When ever I'm faced with challenging situations I always think " What would Dad advise me to do or how would he handle this". I take great comfort in knowing that I have the honor of keeping his memory vitally alive and at work in my life and the lives of those close to me. Know that when you are at that game in Madison... he is with you, absolutely and without even a shadow of a doubt. As you may know I recently lost my 28 year old son, suddenly and unexpectedly. These things tend to make us reassess what is important in our lives and the passing of your father will be accompanied by a wide variety of emotions, highs a lows. I'll be thinking of you in the next couple days and most assuredly when that game is going on in Madison... with both you and your father in attendance.

Beautiful.

My heartfelt condolences. May your dad's memory be for a blessing.

I'm so sorry to read this, Pearl. My father, who died at a young age in 1971, is responsible for me becoming a sports fan... and ultimately an SU fan. And not a day goes by that I don't think of him ... 45 years later.

You, too, will have great memories of your Dad, whenever you watch an SU game .... and most especially when you attend the game in Madison this year.