My funny moment from Atlanta... | Syracusefan.com

My funny moment from Atlanta...

PeteCalvin

Hall of Fame
Was standing in one of the vast beer lines inside of the CNN Center talking it up with some Cards fans, some of the scattered Syracuse fans, etc. To say it was a line is actually not accurate. It was more like this shifting, amoeba type organism hovering and changing shape around the beer counter. Beer was at a premium, that's for sure. We were all drinking our first while standing in line for the second.

Anyway, so I'm talking to my friend and happen to overhear the cluster of Louisville fans in front of me (all roughly mid 20's to 30) talking about the future ACC affiliation, etc. All of a sudden some guy near us mentions Rutgers. One of the Louisville guys looked right at him and said "F*** Rutgers." After the laughter stopped I stuck my head into that group and said "Excuse me, but did I hear someone say "F*** Rutgers?" The guys proudly says "Yeah, f*** them. Let the BiG choke on them and Maryland." I said "Man, I would like to propose a toast to your awesomeness." I raise my cup and say "F***k Rutgers!", to which they all reciprocated in unison. Hilarious!

These guys really knew a lot about Syracuse and love MCW. As I said in my post from last night, they were happy that SU was not across the floor from them. We had a great discussion about the new ACC, and I brought up the fact that we Syracuse fans are already talking about Louisville-Syracuse being the new rivalry of the ACC. They really hadn't considered it before but wholeheartedly agreed.

I wished them the best and told them to have fun steamrolling through the AAC. They were lamenting their football schedule this fall, but said it doesn't sting as much knowing they'll be in the ACC the following year.

Was standing in one of the vast beer lines inside of the CNN Center talking it up with some Cards fans, some of the scattered Syracuse fans, etc. To say it was a line is actually not accurate. It was more like this shifting, amoeba type organism hovering and changing shape around the beer counter. Beer was at a premium, that's for sure. We were all drinking our first while standing in line for the second.

Anyway, so I'm talking to my friend and happen to overhear the cluster of Louisville fans in front of me (all roughly mid 20's to 30) talking about the future ACC affiliation, etc. All of a sudden some guy near us mentions Rutgers. One of the Louisville guys looked right at him and said "F*** Rutgers." After the laughter stopped I stuck my head into that group and said "Excuse me, but did I hear someone say "F*** Rutgers?" The guys proudly says "Yeah, f*** them. Let the BiG choke on them and Maryland." I said "Man, I would like to propose a toast to your awesomeness." I raise my cup and say "F***k Rutgers!", to which they all reciprocated in unison. Hilarious!

These guys really knew a lot about Syracuse and love MCW. As I said in my post from last night, they were happy that SU was not across the floor from them. We had a great discussion about the new ACC, and I brought up the fact that we Syracuse fans are already talking about Louisville-Syracuse being the new rivalry of the ACC. They really hadn't considered it before but wholeheartedly agreed.

I wished them the best and told them to have fun steamrolling through the AAC. They were lamenting their football schedule this fall, but said it doesn't sting as much knowing they'll be in the ACC the following year.

You should have said "and while we are at it... too". I bet there would have been people jumping at the chance to toast to that one.

You should have said "and while we are at it... too". I bet there would have been people jumping at the chance to toast to that one.

Pete is no fool. I am sure he knows that "" goes without saying. Where he fell short is in not inculcating that to his newfound L'ville pals.

F Rutgers indeed. And , the horse Rutgers rode in on, as well.

Was standing in one of the vast beer lines inside of the CNN Center talking it up with some Cards fans, some of the scattered Syracuse fans, etc. To say it was a line is actually not accurate. It was more like this shifting, amoeba type organism hovering and changing shape around the beer counter. Beer was at a premium, that's for sure.
So you had to fight your way through a 2-3 zone for some beers, brave man. Next time try some dribble penetration, or screening the top of the line, or putting your best drinker at the Free throw line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom