My Give: Cap'n covers JB's "blundered" presser (Queen Bowie tribute) | Syracusefan.com

My Give: Cap'n covers JB's "blundered" presser (Queen Bowie tribute)

CaptainJ

Disembodied?
Christmas is a time for giving, not so much taking. I hope the couple of people that posted "my take"s in the last week find the humor in this along with some others.

One song that I find quite moving and that reminds me to be more mindful of what is going on inside of others is the song, "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie(please, dont make me dig out the Bad Santa clip again because of the artists). I don't want to call my rendition that makes it about JB's pressers/this board/etc a parody, but a tribute to all involved instead. I'll post the video of the original song(I feel I benefit from listening to it every so often), and my rendering of the lyrics beneath it. I'm not sure how entertaining it will be for folks not familiar with the original, but I'm going to try anyhow.

Mm ba ba de
Scoop Jardine
Um bu bu bum da de

A presser! pushing down on JB
Pressing down on you, no more final four
Under pressure, that brings a program down
Splits the crowds in two
Early to the streets

Oh B M K
Almost went all the way
Back in the day
Donna D- that's okay

It's the terror of knowing
Andy Katz lurks about
Belittling good friends
Unloyal! Get the (bleep) out
Say tomorrow he's a liar
Pressers and people, people on streets
Day day Dajuan hm
Da da da ba ba
Okay
Strippin' down – Show that IU fan the door
Concessions to stop the pains as the beer pours

Ee do ba be
I miss Mookie
Um bo bo
Be lap
People on streets – leaving the dome
People on streets – such a hurry to get home
It's the terror of not knowing
How this investigation will turn out
Watching the social media trends
Some writer thinks he's a scout!
Pray tomorrow – we rank higher higher high!
Pressers and people, rain, snow, n sleet

Turned away from all that man to man
Sat on a fence but it kinda hurt
Keep recruiting for D, coaching before they were born
Why - why - why?!?
Boe heim heim heim heim!
NCAA laughs under pressure it's making
Can't they give our coach one more chance?
Why can't we give Coach that one more chance?
Why can't we give Coach give Coach give Coach give Coach
Give Coach give Coach give Coach give Coach give Coach...
'Cause Coach's such an old fashioned guy
And Coach dares players to defend
The players on the (Players on streets) edge of the zone
And love (Bernie's bedsheets) dares you to change our way of
Caring about ourselves
This is our last chance
To not miss the big dance
This is our review of a...
Blundered presser
Blundered presser
Presser

Christmas is a time for giving, not so much taking. I hope the couple of people that posted "my take"s in the last week find the humor in this along with some others.

One song that I find quite moving and that reminds me to be more mindful of what is going on inside of others is the song, "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie(please, dont make me dig out the Bad Santa clip again because of the artists). I don't want to call my rendition that makes it about JB's pressers/this board/etc a parody, but a tribute to all involved instead. I'll post the video of the original song(I feel I benefit from listening to it every so often), and my rendering of the lyrics beneath it. I'm not sure how entertaining it will be for folks not familiar with the original, but I'm going to try anyhow.

Mm ba ba de
Scoop Jardine
Um bu bu bum da de

Splits the crowds in two
Early to the streets

Oh B M K
Almost went all the way
Back in the day
Donna D- that's okay

Andy Katz lurks about
Belittling good friends
Say tomorrow he's a liar
Day day Dajuan hm
Da da da ba ba
Okay

Ee do ba be
I miss Mookie
Um bo bo
Be lap

Why - why - why?!?
Boe heim heim heim heim!
Caring about ourselves
This is our last chance
Blundered presser
Blundered presser
Presser
Killed it!!!

Edit: should have originally went with " schmurdered it"

Mm ba ba de
Scoop Jardine
Um bu bu bum da de

Splits the crowds in two
Early to the streets

Oh B M K
Almost went all the way
Back in the day
Donna D- that's okay

Andy Katz lurks about
Belittling good friends
Say tomorrow he's a liar
Day day Dajuan hm
Da da da ba ba
Okay

Ee do ba be
I miss Mookie
Um bo bo
Be lap

Why - why - why?!?
Boe heim heim heim heim!
Caring about ourselves
This is our last chance
Blundered presser
Blundered presser
Presser

Captain, O Captain, that was EPIC!!!! The lyrics were extremely clever, and the theme was beautifully rendered. You captured what surely must be the psychology of our coach as he sees the door closing on his career (really, his LIFE) and he wants to go out with a bang, not a whimper!

I am reading Bleeding Orange right now and hope to review it. Our coach is brilliant. His mind is a steel trap. And he has more heart than it may seem. I don't think he wants to see McC plucked off, for the two (not contradictory) reasons of: for our sake, and for his sake.

I am choosing to retire (may work for one day for one more year) from a fabulous job that I have devoted my life to, and I must tell you, it is tearing me up just thinking about it. Surely, JB feels like that. You want to go, but don't want to go. A bit like death.

Anyway, I fear this song may not get the hits it deserves because of Christmas and everyone going every which way, but it is a masterpiece.

Captain, O Captain, that was EPIC!!!! The lyrics were extremely clever, and the theme was beautifully rendered. You captured what surely must be the psychology of our coach as he sees the door closing on his career (really, his LIFE) and he wants to go out with a bang, not a whimper!

I am reading Bleeding Orange right now and hope to review it. Our coach is brilliant. His mind is a steel trap. And he has more heart than it may seem. I don't think he wants to see McC plucked off, for the two (not contradictory) reasons of: for our sake, and for his sake.

I am choosing to retire (may work for one day for one more year) from a fabulous job that I have devoted my life to, and I must tell you, it is tearing me up just thinking about it. Surely, JB feels like that. You want to go, but don't want to go. A bit like death.

Anyway, I fear this song may not get the hits it deserves because of Christmas and everyone going every which way, but it is a masterpiece.

Thank you, those were very kind words. I'm pretty certain others could have done it better, but much like Fab Melo and his 360 dunk, at least I did it.
To quote my role model, Tony Clifton, "If I've made one person happy, it's all been worth it".

Back to the receptical of JB's ire, Chad Ford. Do you think that when JB is in Florida he may picture a hanging Chad?

I'd love to hear your review of Bleeding Orange(I picture a nightmarish scene where there is blood mixed in my urine), and do plan to buy it. I was going to ask for it for Christmas, but do you think the price may come down in awhile? I need to allocate money for beer, of course. You, specifically, may be happy to know I wrote this entirely sober, unfortunately.

If you decide to unretire, I could probably use a session with you . Maybe some cbt or dbt or something could cure my posting habits.

Please Bro! No one could do CaptainJ better than you!

I could actually make some jokes about that, but I'd better not. Merry Christmas, my good man!

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap

Clap clap clap clap clap

You are possibly the most ambiguous mofo on here!(The slow clap can go both ways, and no that isnt some STD reference). I admire your craft, but not so much when aimed at myself. I will say though, when I took you at your word, you became my inspiration with that comment in the Ennis/Pee Trough thread...the wind beneath my wings. I'll hold back on the Bette Midler video for now though. I don't want to risk offending anyone on this board, of course. Merry Christmas to you, or happy friday, or whatever you prefer.

I could actually make some jokes about that, but I'd better not. Merry Christmas, my good man!

You are possibly the most ambiguous mofo on here!(The slow clap can go both ways, and no that isnt some STD reference). I admire your craft, but not so much when aimed at myself. I will say though, when I took you at your word, you became my inspiration with that comment in the Ennis/Pee Trough thread...the wind beneath my wings. I'll hold back on the Bette Midler video for now though. I don't want to risk offending anyone on this board, of course. Merry Christmas to you, or happy friday, or whatever you prefer.
The slow clap was entirely complimentary. No ambiguity here, your post was hilarious.

The slow clap was entirely complimentary. No ambiguity here, your post was hilarious.

Thanks man, I apologize for insinuating it could have went either way. You definitely have a method of posting that is very flexible to say the least and if you don't mind, I may start employing it in occasional sprinkles to add a fuller tone. Maybe my tribulations in my early days on here have tarnished my lenses into a camoflage color that does a good job of decreasing the visibility of reality for me.

You seem like a well rounded guy. If there is any chance you can teach me more skills... like on how to become a mercenary, I'd be very grateful. I might even do a mission for free. I want to have an ad published in the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine. I've heard mercenaries get a lot of chicks.

I bought Bleeding Orange on IBooks...it is amazing. A must read for a syracuse basketball fan. The insight he gives on so many topics is beyond informative. I enjoy the stories of the players and learning about his thoughts on strategy the most. The Coleman years were before I was able to understand basketball since I was born in 85 so hearing about the character that Coleman was is something I never knew about. The Arkansas game was one of my earliest memories as a syracuse fan at 9 years old and I remember never wanting to face the fact that Moten called the timeout. I think I still to this day blame Jackson lol.

Eagles20 said:
I bought Bleeding Orange on IBooks...it is amazing. A must read for a syracuse basketball fan. The insight he gives on so many topics is beyond informative. I enjoy the stories of the players and learning about his thoughts on strategy the most. The Coleman years were before I was able to understand basketball since I was born in 85 so hearing about the character that Coleman was is something I never knew about. The Arkansas game was one of my earliest memories as a syracuse fan at 9 years old and I remember never wanting to face the fact that Moten called the timeout. I think I still to this day blame Jackson lol.

I haven't finished but I just got done with the Coleman years. Just hilarious stories but I'm sure not at the time for JB. I was born in 1976 so that was the era I watched growing up

I haven't finished but I just got done with the Coleman years. Just hilarious stories but I'm sure not at the time for JB. I was born in 1976 so that was the era I watched growing up
I'm on chapter 16 and the end of the book is near, wish it was an even longer book. Really enjoying it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom