My Grades | Syracusefan.com

My Grades

upperdeck

Living Legend
QB - A- ran when needed, threw it pretty well.. I thought he was short on way to many deep balls and also threw to the wrong shoulder several times..

RB - C+ Big mystery whats going on, Neals catch and run saved the day for them

WR = B+ too many drops, probably 3-4 deep balls should have been caught , if you are going to get behind the D we have to make it work or we end up 3 and out which is what happened the 2nd quarter, if Custis catches the ball he has a huge night in stead of just a really good one.

Oline - C+ Pass blocking was ok, run blocking was MEH. same ol same ol

Dline - B+ few gaping holes, decent rush, nice start

LB - B+ ran to the ball well, not a ton of mistakes,

DBs - B- once they settled down did a pretty good job, only a few blown coverages, saved a few times by drops. but Guys werent running free all over

I give the Offense a solid B, and they scored 50.. hopefully thats good

I give the Defense a B+, 7 pts, really only one drive and that was a well thrown pass, but as usual the safety was late.

ST - C+ , missed XP, Missed FG. Ok punting.. Coverage was good even against a team that ran 10 reverse kick off plays..

QB (A): Thought Dungey was good and agree on the long ball. Mentioned it in the game thread that he was missing quite a few long throws... receivers still should have caught them but long balls should be over the shoulder not making the receiver come back to it. The one to Erv should have been caught but was bad throw. Against a good DB those are picked. Liked Rex as well.

O Line (C-): If this is how it's going to be against CCSU this could be long season. Again, not sure how many P5 let alone ACC talent the line has.

D line/LB (B): Nothing spectacular. I find an underrated player is Paris Bennett... Zaire gets a lot of credit but Bennett is also a really good player. Furthermore, was really impressed with Valdez.

RB (C-) This is harsh but I really just don't think Strickland is a running back and Moe Neal has a little to much Sean Riley in terms of size. In my opinion Pierre should be the guy. Also can we not run Moe Neal up with the middle from the three again? That'd be great. Again this position is lacking ACC talent.

WR (A): This is a strong position. Ishmael isn't the fastest guy but boy he is a good player as we all know. Erv is also going to have a massive year and Custis is going to be a dangerous deep threat. This position to me is very exciting. Dungey with this group of WRs is going to put up points against anyone.

ST (B-): Sean Riley might get absolutely lit up against LSU... I mean it's just what it is... Comment of the night came from Eric in the game thread when he mentioned Riley should be in the Little League World Series with a graphic of his favourite food being pizza. Why not Erv on returns ? Missed PAT doesn't exactly inspire confidence but won't happen again.

DB (B+): Not much to comment on.

Coaches (A+): 44-7 goes for it on fourth down. Do you know how many former coaches would have punted that away ? I know it was because Cuse was trying to figure some things out but I LOVE that we aggressive even when up that big. Also liked how Rex played over Mahoney. We all know what Mahoney is like so why not give Rex a shot.

Overall, can't take to much out of this. Running game and O line need to improve. But that's basically it for now.

QB: A. He is the franchise
RB: c-. Need MP to step up
OL: c- will improve overtime
WR: B+. We have weapons and depth

DL: B+. Miss Steve big time but i really like our DEs .Kingsley has a chance to be our best in years by the time he is through.
LB: A talent and deep
CB: B will only improve
S: B hope Cordy is ok. Martin has great size. He is the real deal
ST: C hopefully they improve overtime.

The OL will be fine vs 70% of the teams we play. We didn't play tempo. Our guys are light and built to play fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom