My Green Question...z | Syracusefan.com

My Green Question...z

newmexicuse

All Conference
Many here are asserting that he verballed to us on Monday. We were in the middle of the signing period. Why on earth did we not get his LOI the next day before those Kentucky shenanigans supposedly took place ???? Staff should have been all over getting that done if he had in fact really verballed.

If I remember correctly Jake posted that things started to go wrong Tuesday night. When Jake said that, truthfully, I knew he was gone. So what happened during the day on Tuesday ????

This is bizarro......

Many here are asserting that he verballed to us on Monday. We were in the middle of the signing period. Why on earth did we not get his LOI the next day before those Kentucky shenanigans supposedly took place ???? Staff should have been all over getting that done if he had in fact really verballed.

If I remember correctly Jake posted that things started to go wrong Tuesday night. When Jake said that, truthfully, I knew he was gone. So what happened during the day on Tuesday ????

This is bizarro...
Not really. I would guess that were waiting for the LOI all day. Maybe had a tough time reaching him or he put them off. I don't know. Remember, at that time, they had no reason to believe that there was a problem. I'm sure they started to get worried when it didn't arrive by say 5 p.m. but they have been down this road before and things usually work out. Tuesday night, that all changed.

This is bizarro...

Doesn't this screw up the timeline of the ultra top secret exchanging of the bag-o-money at MSG Wednesday night with WWW?

I believe, even an 18 year old has to have the signature of their parent or guardian as well as their own. So if his parent wasn't with him a letter of intent, at that point, would be meaningless.

I believe, even an 18 year old has to have the signature of their parent or guardian as well as their own. So if his parent wasn't with him a letter of intent, at that point, would be meaningless.
Yes, the parent has to sign.

Doesn't this screw up the timeline of the ultra top secret exchanging of the bag-o-money at MSG Wednesday night with WWW?

That might be true except that the UK v. MSU game was Tuesday night at MSG.

Lol is this actually a thing people are saying happened?i thought someone already debunked the wes at msg rumors. I was one of those against teying to be all sour grapes like something dirty happened but dasher says seth greenberg mentioned something dirty may have happened on tv, and of thisnis actually something thats out there with legs beyond just cuse fans being sour, it has to nake u wonder.

That said for all i know you are jokine and making this up.

Lol is this actually a thing people are saying happened?i thought someone already debunked the wes at msg rumors. I was one of those against teying to be all sour grapes like something dirty happened but dasher says seth greenberg mentioned something dirty may have happened on tv, and of thisnis actually something thats out there with legs beyond just cuse fans being sour, it has to nake u wonder.

That said for all i know you are jokine and making this up.
The picture that was going around was not of Wes sitting behind Quade and Mo Bamba. However, I believe he was sitting a couple of rows in front of them.

The picture that was going around was not of Wes sitting behind Quade and Mo Bamba. However, I believe he was sitting a couple of rows in front of them.

I think I read Carmelo was at that game too... does anyone know if he had met with Quade at any point? Could have been a great counter move to UK's efforts that night. Melo coulda dropped 'a bag' too!

This is bizarro...
I believe that Calipari got fed up waiting on Young and did to him what we should have done to Green which is move on to the next guy. I believe he promised Green the starting job next year sometime after Monday and Greens dream came true. Captain of the one of two most powerful media rich programs and all the opportunity and exposure that comes with it. There are no bags. But there are plenty of legal perks but it's mainly exposure and the perceived majesty of it all.

I believe that Calipari got fed up waiting on Young and did to him what we should have done to Green which is move on to the next guy. I believe he promised Green the starting job next year sometime after Monday and Greens dream came true. Captain of the one of two most powerful media rich programs and all the opportunity and exposure that comes with it. There are no bags. But there are plenty of legal perks but it's mainly exposure and the perceived majesty of it all.
If that's all it took, then his Plan A crap is pretty weak.

I got that this is the line you've toed in perpetuity with UK, but you might want to pay attention to what the poster close to the Green family had to say on Saturday. Green got paid.

Which is why I suggested that you might want to drop this shtick about UK not paying anybody in this instance. Just because it wasn't Calipari delivering the $$$ doesn't mean that cash didn't exchange hands.

I think Cal was worried about Young staying in state at OU but don't think he will stop recruiting Young no matter what he told Quade. Also Quade puts them in much better position with Bamba and Diallo should Diallo play college. I don't for a minute think Calipari dropped a bag on Quade Green but that doesn't mean he didn't get one.

This is bizarro...

Jake didn't start communicating his concern until Wednesday.

I got that this is the line you've toed in perpetuity with UK, but you might want to pay attention to what the poster close to the Green family had to say on Saturday. Green got paid.

Which is why I suggested that you might want to drop this shtick about UK not paying anybody in this instance. Just because it wasn't Calipari delivering the $$$ doesn't mean that cash didn't exchange hands.

Someone close to the fam said he got paid now? What the hell is gling on here is there legit national attention deserving smoke here or are we butt hirt as lol. I cant tell. If theres all this out there and guys like greenberg are saying on tv it was dirty how is this something im only hearing about on the cuse board

Someone close to the fam said he got paid now? What the hell is gling on here is there legit national attention deserving smoke here or are we butt hirt as . . . . lol. I cant tell. If theres all this out there and guys like greenberg are saying on tv it was dirty how is this something im only hearing about on the cuse board

He's overlooking the fact that that poster also said that if he came to Syracuse, he'd also get a "bag."

Someone close to the fam said he got paid now? What the hell is gling on here is there legit national attention deserving smoke here or are we butt hirt as . . . . lol. I cant tell. If theres all this out there and guys like greenberg are saying on tv it was dirty how is this something im only hearing about on the cuse board

Yes, it is pretty crazy to consider. Which is why Seth Greenberg discussing it yesterday afternoon on ESPN is such a big [and unexpected] deal. I'm surprised that his "source" would go down this road, frankly.

He's overlooking the fact that that poster also said that if he came to Syracuse, he'd also get a "bag."

Technically, thats not what he said. He said he was going to go wherever he got a "bag." So that leaves the possibility, that SU didn't offer a "bag" because clearly, we didn't get him. With the amount of time he spent around the SU program and visiting, etc over the past 2 years, one would assume that we could have gotten that signed LOI instantly upon handing over such "bag" at any point. We didn't and so he waited until somebody was willing to hand it over.

Technically, thats not what he said. He said he was going to go wherever he got a "bag." So that leaves the possibility, that SU didn't offer a "bag" because clearly, we didn't get him. With the amount of time he spent around the SU program and visiting, etc over the past 2 years, one would assume that we could have gotten that signed LOI instantly upon handing over such "bag" at any point. We didn't and so he waited until somebody was willing to hand it over.

HoustonCuse, don't bother.

Yes, it is pretty crazy to consider. Which is why Seth Greenberg discussing it yesterday afternoon on ESPN is such a big [and unexpected] deal. I'm surprised that his "source" would go down this road, frankly.

Does anyone have video of this? I have read multiple places that somebody said it happened, but haven't read anyone saying they saw it with their own eyes.

We also had a poster say that a woman in the SU office said a fax came in saying Green was Orange.

Sorry, I'll trust Francis's timeline and story as it's much more plausible and makes much more sense than the "bag" story.

Does anyone have video of this? I have read multiple places that somebody said it happened, but haven't read anyone saying they saw it with their own eyes.

i'll see if i can find it. it was around noon yesterday during a recruiting spot before all games started on ESPN

We also had a poster say that a woman in the SU office said a fax came in saying Green was Orange.

Sorry, I'll trust Francis's timeline and story as it's much more plausible and makes much more sense than the "bag" story.

I give up. You can lead a horse to water...

Um, yea did you listen to the end? You have to read between the lines, might not be your strong suit.

You can't have it both ways. You can't say that this kid was looking for a payout yet have a longstanding expectation that he's coming here. If money was the driver and SU wasn't willing to pay, then why recruit the kid in the first place? Given how much time SU put in with this kid, they'd probably know that better than anyone. I don't remember the exact wording and if you'd like to dig it up, great, but the poster said a couple of times something like Quade and kids like him get a bag. It's hard to imagine that SU is the only program unaware of this condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom