My Pat Kelly story. | Syracusefan.com

My Pat Kelly story.

DoubleDee

All American
i was reminded of an old story last night that I had written about on nunes magician years ago. Had it been on this site it would have been better appreciated I think. Some of you over thirty or over forty people will know the player better, and Springsteen fans might enjoy too.

One note: if anyone can firm up where it took place? I wrote schine, but something tells me my memory has that wrong. I still have a stub, but it just one of those raffle type tickets.

Enjoy

Lasting Orange Memory: I Need To Get To A Clinic

Thanks for the story. I either didn't realize Pat had died or I am ashamed to say I forgot. He was a great player.

Great story, and a Chester Thompson reference to boot!

Thanks for sharing. I really like hearing these types of experiences as it shows how special most of the college players can be in any sport.

I lived downstairs from Pat's mom. He use to come visit her a lot. He was a legend in Webster. Great story and thanks for sharing.

I saw Max do something similar around the same time frame in the Schine Student Center (I'm guessing when I was a senior in 88-89, but could be off a year). I think it was in a makeshift "auditorium" either in the basement or somewhere near where Spectrum used to be on the 1st floor. It was Schine for sure though. And it was pretty much as you put it in the article; except he just played solo, told stories and answered questions. Maybe it was separate from the clinic, but it was still pretty cool. Another great experience was seeing Graham Chapman in the 86-87 school year in Goldstein. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy (unlike Cleese lol).

IMG_0002.JPG
I saw Max do something similar around the same time frame in the Schine Student Center (I'm guessing when I was a senior in 88-89, but could be off a year). I think it was in a makeshift "auditorium" either in the basement or somewhere near where Spectrum used to be on the 1st floor. It was Schine for sure though. And it was pretty much as you put it in the article; except he just played solo, told stories and answered questions. Maybe it was separate from the clinic, but it was still pretty cool. Another great experience was seeing Graham Chapman in the 86-87 school year in Goldstein. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy (unlike Cleese lol).
I'm sure your right on the spot here. One thing for sure it was between 84 and 88. Pat Kelly graduated in 88, and the book max was selling at the gig was released in 84.

And what you described is a clinic basically. Talks about experiences, breaks down a fill, or some part of a song, and sometimes they have local guest musicians join for a jam, but not in this case.

Ran a video of the big drum fill moment in "born in the USA" where he kept dropping sticks, and then at the end was successful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom