My question for the first Coach's Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for the first Coach's Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
The show this year will be broadcast on Thursdays at 7PM from TGI Fridays on the third floor of Destiny USA, (just past the theater ticket booth and on the right after you walk down the hallway). I don’t know if they will take questions from the audience there but they say you can watch the show whereas when it was at a restaurant, their table tended to be in a secluded location. (Remember it’s Thursdays at TGI Fridays, not Fridays at TGI Thursdays). The football show is an hour in duration, (Coach Boeheim’s basketball show is usually 2 hours).

Note: because the first game is on a Friday Night, the first show will be on Wednesday, September 2nd. After that it will be on the Thursday before each game until the last game when the show will again be on a Wednesday, (11/25) due to Thanksgiving.

“Fans are invited to attend the show in person or participate via telephone (1-888-7-Go Cuse or 424-8599) or Twitter (@CuseIMG) using the hashtag #AskShafe. You can also listen to the show live each week on the Syracuse IMG Sports Network and Cuse.com. Wednesday's show will be on 99.1 FM and 97.7 FM, as well. The show will regularly air on 99.1 FM and 1200 AM.” You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

That first phone number is 1—888-746-2873 numerically.

You can also send them in advance at this site:

http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

(I do both so they can be prepared to give me an informed, reasoned answer.)

My question for this week's show:

“Coach, there are 125 major college teams so the 63rd ranked team is always in the middle of the standings. Last year the 63rd ranked team in scoring was Rice, who averaged 29 points a game. We’re in an era where you typically have to score 30 points to beat an average team. Syracuse has had exactly nine teams in its history that averaged 30 points a game, one in this century. Last year we averaged 17. What can be done to give SU a modern, state of the art 2015 offensive football team?”

Note: I submitted this question via the SU site and got this response:

"Your question may be answered on the AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Thursday nights 7-8. Stop by or tune in to find out."

Coach Boeheim's response should be interesting, if less informative than Coach Shafer's would have been! ;)

Note: I submitted this question via the SU site and got this response:

"Your question may be answered on the AmeriCU Jim Boeheim Show Thursday nights 7-8. Stop by or tune in to find out."

Coach Boeheim's response should be interesting, if less informative than Coach Shafer's would have been! ;)
Duh! I think JB could easily find a way to get his team to average 29 or even 30 pts a game.

Wait, Rice averaged 29 per game last year? Sigh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom