My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My question for tomorrow night's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(The information below is for last year's show. I don't know how much of it, if any, will change. I'm guessing they will be at Shaughnessy's this year, just like the football show. They said on the radio that the Boeheim show will be at 7PM and the Babers show at 8PM. There may be some interaction between the two coaches as there was last year. This would probably be for the first show only. There may be only more Babers show after this week BC week is "TBD". Last year they did one on Wednesday and one on Thursday after that first show. There may be an article on Cuse.com about the show sometime tomorrow with more details.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
Syracuse University Athletics
Or on Twitter at mattpark1 or “askBoeheim”.

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: Listen to The Clark Howard Show on WGVA on TuneIn

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, we had a lot of exciting games last year. But they were our best games. We had to outscore people to win. Normally our defense holds the other teams down, keeps us in the games when the offense isn’t performing well and allows us to take control of games when it is. You mentioned that it’s in some ways harder to teach your defense to transfers because they have to unlearn what they were doing at other schools than to teach it to freshmen. Well, you’ve got four freshmen and one transfer. How is the teaching of defense going so far? “

(The information below is for last year's show. I don't know how much of it, if any, will change. I'm guessing they will be at Shaughnessy's this year, just like the football show. They said on the radio that the Boeheim show will be at 7PM and the Babers show at 8PM. There may be some interaction between the two coaches as there was last year. This would probably be for the first show only. There may be only more Babers show after this week BC week is "TBD". Last year they did one on Wednesday and one on Thursday after that first show. There may be an article on Cuse.com about the show sometime tomorrow with more details.)

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-8 or 9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from the Cavalier Room at the Marriott in Downtown Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: Listen to The Clark Howard Show on WGVA on TuneIn

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

“Coach, we had a lot of exciting games last year. But they were our best games. We had to outscore people to win. Normally our defense holds the other teams down, keeps us in the games when the offense isn’t performing well and allows us to take control of games when it is. You mentioned that it’s in some ways harder to teach your defense to transfers because they have to unlearn what they were doing at other schools than to teach it to freshmen. Well, you’ve got four freshmen and one transfer. How is the teaching of defense going so far? “
HA HA HA HA HA!

I look forward to the response.

MY QUESTIONS/COMMENTS

The answer is "We will see." and "Practice is one thing. Games are another. When the pressure is turned up in a real a game that's when people have a tendency to revert back to what they know best and what has worked for them in the past."

Heads UP! They announced this afternoon that the Boeheim show would be on at 8PM, the Babers show at 7PM. That's what it was last year and the coaches were on together for a time. They may do something like that tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom