My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show | Syracusefan.com

My questions for tonight's Jim Boeheim Show

SWC75

Bored Historian
(They're doing it Tuesday nights this week and next due to the holidays.)

First hour:

"Coach, this year, you’ve reminded me of a guy trying to put up a tent in a windstorm. The idea is to get all the tent poles up at once so they can support each other. The team is starting to show signs of doing that. Does it help for them to see what can happen in a game like Saturday’s, when they almost knocked off a top ten team on the road? Do they start to visualize what they could be as a team?"

Second hour:

"Coach, Chinoso Obokoh has now played 38 minutes, the rough equivalent of a full game, although it’s been against lesser opposition. But he’s done well in the box score: 10 points, 10 rebounds. He’s made all his shots from the field and from the line. He’s got 3 steals, 2 blocks and 2 assists. He’s committed one turnover. The big problem is a common one for young centers: 8 fouls. But it sounds as if he could be the back-up center we need. What are you seeing that’s not in the box score that’s holding him back from fulfilling that role?"

Jim Boeheim’s radio show is on Thursdays from 7-9PM on ESPN Radio in Syracuse, which is AM1200 or FM 97.7 on the dial. The show originates from Delmonico’s Italian Steakhouse on Erie Boulevard in Syracuse. The first hour, hosted by Matt Park, the Voice of the Orange, is on their general network. The second hour, which begins with the conference season, is hosted by Gomez, a local radio personality.

You can call into the show locally at 315-424-8599 or nationally at 1-888-746-2873. For Gomez’s portion, use 315-4424-8599. Or you can submit questions from this page:
http://cuse.com/sb_output.aspx?form=4

The show can be heard in Syracuse on FM 99.5. It’s sometime simulcast on AM 1200 or FM 97.7. You can also get it on: http://tunein.com/radio/WGVA-1240-s29191/

I will be posting my rough transcript the night of the broadcast focusing on my questions, the team and their last and next games and then a second post the next day on other things that were discussed.

Last edited:
Somedays I wish I could dissect your brain. I just like the way it works. You are very calculated and detailed.

Somedays I wish I could dissect your brain. I just like the way it works. You are very calculated and detailed.

Go ahead.

alien-from-talosian-star-trek-1360238035_b.jpg

You could tack onto your Obokoh question things like ...

(To coach): "You've stated that McCullough is 'not physically ready for these types of game' after the Villanova one. Obokoh looks like he IS physically ready for that type of game."

or

(To coach): "You've also stated that players are not ready to play. CM, against Nova, put up a statline that looks like
the following:

25 mins, 0-4 FGs, 3-4 FTs, 5 rebs (1 OFF), 1 A, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 4 TOs, 5 PFs, 3 pts.

How is that indicative of someone 'ready to play'? I would think lots of 6-9 guys, ready or not, could put up that line."

Kev

Nice to hear from you. Hope to hear a lot more. What is SU%% doing these days?
I have no idea. I thought he would be on here. My New Years resolution is to come here and contribute more:)

I'd rather ask him about the strategy of allowing our opponents to roll the ball into the front court without having to use any clock. But then if someone asked that it would probably be their last question ever.

That Obokoh question is especially outstanding.

I'm not sure if SWC saw my multiple posts requesting he or someone calling in ask it, but either way I agree it's an excellent question especially with the Coleman news looking less encouraging than some of us hoped. SWC definitely backed it up with much better stats than I was aware of, which truly makes it excellent.

Best of luck during the show my good man!

You could tack onto your Obokoh question things like ...

(To coach): "You've stated that McCullough is 'not physically ready for these types of game' after the Villanova one. Obokoh looks like he IS physically ready for that type of game."

or

(To coach): "You've also stated that players are not ready to play. CM, against Nova, put up a statline that looks like
the following:

25 mins, 0-4 FGs, 3-4 FTs, 5 rebs (1 OFF), 1 A, 1 STL, 0 BLK, 4 TOs, 5 PFs, 3 pts.

How is that indicative of someone 'ready to play'? I would think lots of 6-9 guys, ready or not, could put up that line."

Kev

I'd rather ask him about the strategy of allowing our opponents to roll the ball into the front court without having to use any clock. But then if someone asked that it would probably be their last question ever.

You can call those questions in if you wanted to. I try not to be combative or repetitive.

JB's been asked several times in the past about the rolling the ball up play. He gave essentially the same answer he gives to "Why don't we press" and my question last week about fronting the in bounds guy. he likes to keep his half-court defense in tact. It's not a 1-3 zone.

Still, somebody do it! Good call.

Tent pole metaphor soooooooooooo funny! And appropriate.

-Motel User

I thought a certain poster was once nearly banned for talking about situations in which they pitch a tent? SWC is good at using metaphors in better context than a number of us. ;)

Still, somebody do it! Good call.

Moving on from poles to polls, it'd be cool to see a poll of how many of us would like to see someone call that in. Maybe through collective we can construct a "bad cop" version of SWC(if someone volunteers to call it in) for questions of that nature? To be honest, I wasn't hellbent on the hindsight of the ball rolling like some folks, but I think the reply could be interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom