My take as a first time ever going to the Carrier Dome | Syracusefan.com

My take as a first time ever going to the Carrier Dome

Chris02M

Football Schedule Maven
First, parked in the skytop lot with no parking passes seemed like the best option. Walked about to the bus line, got on the bus and got to the dome pretty quick (10mins), walked around for a bit even touching the Ernie Davis statue on the way in. Once inside the dome went to locate my seat in 119 and look at the field as players were warming up, then went to get food as it was about 30 minutes before kickoff. I got back to my seat about 15 minutes before kickoff to watch the band and mingle with other fans in my section and my friends a couple sections over.

Crowd was very into the game and very loud at kickoff and for the entire first half even though it was 35-7. Went to concourse at halftime and boy were they packed no room to do much of anything and by the time I got back to my seat there was only 4 minutes until second half started. To see all those empty seats at the start of second half was very upsetting especially in the lower levels. For much of the 3rd quarter there was the sense that we were 1 play from getting back in the game but that never happened as our offense couldn't get much going except for the occasional big gaining run or hunt scramble and we missed a makeable fg . Then the Sammy Watkins touchdown happened and took all the air from the building .

From then on nothing of note from me except crowd really was upset allen was in. Once the backup qb for Clemson scored with about 3 minutes left my friends and I decided to go as we knew the bus lines would be long as ever and we had all worked a morning shift before coming so we were tired .

in summary really enjoyed the atmosphere, even though it was a blowout and will be attending again in the future. Clemson is really fast and athletic and made our wr's/db's look slow and unathletic those were the 2 positions were it was clearly in clemson's favor.

It's a great place to watch, needs some up grades to the experience and vendors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom