My Take on Marrone & the Jucos... | Syracusefan.com

My Take on Marrone & the Jucos...

Symphony Steve

All American
and why I think staff change was, and will be, good for recruiting going forward.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on the board who was wondering about all the JUCO commits, especially since, and I mean no offense, some of these JUCOs were, um, lightly recruited.

I finally concluded, since I couldn't figure out any other logical explanation, that the staff figured, "Bleep, we're screwed, we're not landing enough of the HS recruits we targeted." Which led to the reliance on JUCO's. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with the occasional JUCO, but it defined the term 'Plan B' for Marrone and Company.

In other words, a bad plan poorly executed.

We lost some good recruits due to the switch, and I will likely most lament the QB That Got Away.

But, damn, the new staff demonstrated very effective ties with programs from Chicago to Florida to Missouri, and were able to close in short order..

The jury is still out on the coaching acumen of this staff, but I think that recruiting is in good hands for the near future.

and why I think staff change was, and will be, good for recruiting going forward.

I'm sure I'm not the only person on the board who was wondering about all the JUCO commits, especially since, and I mean no offense, some of these JUCOs were, um, lightly recruited.

I finally concluded, since I couldn't figure out any other logical explanation, that the staff figured, "Bleep, we're screwed, we're not landing enough of the HS recruits we targeted." Which led to the reliance on JUCO's. Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem with the occasional JUCO, but it defined the term 'Plan B' for Marrone and Company.

In other words, a bad plan poorly executed.

We lost some good recruits due to the switch, and I will likely most lament the QB That Got Away.

But, damn, the new staff demonstrated very effective ties with programs from Chicago to Florida to Missouri, and were able to close in short order..

The jury is still out on the coaching acumen of this staff, but I think that recruiting is in good hands for the near future.

If we can win some this year in the ACC, that should help grease the wheels quite a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom