My thoughts on Pitt | Syracusefan.com

My thoughts on Pitt

OrangeTarheel

It’s time to kick names and take ass
I rarely start threads here but I saw a few things I liked today:

(A) Riding the Mahoney Pony - Zach looked comfortable out there for the first time ... ever. Look what some success throwing the ball can do for you! He is not the emotional leader that ED can be but he is solid and showed today that our coaches do as good a job of prepping our players as we have seen.

(B) So happy to have HCDB on the sidelines - he exudes quiet confidence, demonstrates positivity and is a great example for our young players. I look up to him as a leader and I'm not on the freaking team. If I had kids I would want them to play for him.

(C) It is the end of a tough year with several demoralizing losses, lots of major injuries (again) and rumors swirling about HCDB and our star QB. Yet there we are scoring more points than the basketball team and setting offensive records with our backup QB. Yes, the defense is shredded cheese but at least something was going right for us in a tough season of transition - and it was fun to watch.

(D) We are young, and we ended the year without any further serious injuries. Hooray! Next year we will have back our initial defensive backfield starters as well as those who played today. We'll have some additional support in the D line. Maybe a JUCO transfer or two to beef things up. It will be the first year of building that back bench needed for multi-year success. Thankfully we didn't lose anyone today (to my knowledge) in a way that translates into losing them for when it starts to matter (next season.)

Cheers everyone. What a send off to 2016, looking forward to 2017 already.

I rarely start threads here but I saw a few things I liked today:

(A) Riding the Mahoney Pony - Zach looked comfortable out there for the first time ... ever. Look what some success throwing the ball can do for you! He is not the emotional leader that ED can be but he is solid and showed today that our coaches do as good a job of prepping our players as we have seen.

(B) So happy to have HCDB on the sidelines - he exudes quiet confidence, demonstrates positivity and is a great example for our young players. I look up to him as a leader and I'm not on the freaking team. If I had kids I would want them to play for him.

(C) It is the end of a tough year with several demoralizing losses, lots of major injuries (again) and rumors swirling about HCDB and our star QB. Yet there we are scoring more points than the basketball team and setting offensive records with our backup QB. Yes, the defense is shredded cheese but at least something was going right for us in a tough season of transition - and it was fun to watch.

(D) We are young, and we ended the year without any further serious injuries. Hooray! Next year we will have back our initial defensive backfield starters as well as those who played today. We'll have some additional support in the D line. Maybe a JUCO transfer or two to beef things up. It will be the first year of building that back bench needed for multi-year success. Thankfully we didn't lose anyone today (to my knowledge) in a way that translates into losing them for when it starts to matter (next season.)

Cheers everyone. What a send off to 2016, looking forward to 2017 already.
I think Mahoney has as much grit as anyone to don a Syracuse football uniform. I root for his success, but I really have to discount the performance against such a horrible defense. I don't think it proves much.

If Dungey is done, I would bet Dino starts one of the youngsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom