My two problems with the ACC | Syracusefan.com

My two problems with the ACC

Al is a good guy and he will be back with his FB preview he does it every year. The Duke recruiting has been a combination of K embracing the 1 and done rule and him using his USA BB connections to get to see NBA coaching chops.
Duke's recruiting has gone up while UNC's has gone down.

Al is a good guy and he will be back with his FB preview he does it every year. The Duke recruiting has been a combination of K embracing the 1 and done rule and him using his USA BB connections to get to see NBA coaching chops.

UNC is stacked for next season, hard to call that down.

In addition, Duke benefits the most from N Carolina's progressive train wreck. It is a perfect storm of good fortune for Duke. This season will be N Carolina's last stand. When the Southern accrediting Com. declared the courses bogus, NCarolina's fate was sealed. Declaring classes that are open to everyone bogus is outside the wheelhouse of the ncaa, but athletes taking bogus classes is right up their alley.

Last edited:

I agree about Al. He's harmless and provides some good comedy to the board once you get him.

Wasn't that the guy who claimed that Darryl Watkins father was guilty of child abuse for wanting him to go to Syracuse instead of Rutgers?

I guess Florida St kinda helps but I can't help but feel like ACC football is on the same level as old Big East football.

I apologize for not holding up my end of the deal. :( I'll try to talk more smack in the future.

Trust me you can't reach RutgersAl level. You would need to compare the Michigan State Spartans to the 1996 Chicago Bulls and start calling UVA the John Wooden UCLA of the East Coast.

Al's videos are sorely missed.

In addition, Duke benefits the most from N Carolina's progressive train wreck. It is a perfect storm of good fortune for Duke. This season will be N Carolina's last stand. When the Southern accrediting Com. declared the courses bogus, NCarolina's fate was sealed. Declaring classes that are open to everyone bogus is outside the wheelhouse of the ncaa, but athletes taking bogus classes is right up their alley.
So if athletes take bogus classes, doesn't that mean that the credits they "earned" are bogus and thus the graduation rates for the teams involved should be much lower and consistently so for a number of years. So even if the NCAA tries to shrug their shoulders saying its outside their wheelhouse, isn't there a penalty for low grad rates? Or using players who were not academically qualified?

We are recruiting almost as well as Duke, and if you miss Rutgersal

rutgers-fan.jpg

http://verbalcommits.com/schools/duke

Even Kentucky will be eating Duke's dust when it comes to recruiting, but thanks for an image of RutgersAl. I miss his adjectives, i.e., calling Rutger's power forwards 'battleships'. I once stumbled on a post of his on the Dogpound expounding how the future destiny of Big East basketball is bound to be a two way race, year in and year out, between UCon and Rutgers. Can't make this stuff up. Does anyone remember Oily, his Dad?

Last edited:
So if athletes take bogus classes, doesn't that mean that the credits they "earned" are bogus and thus the graduation rates for the teams involved should be much lower and consistently so for a number of years. So even if the NCAA tries to shrug their shoulders saying its outside their wheelhouse, isn't there a penalty for low grad rates? Or using players who were not academically qualified?
Hmmm, retroactively banning teams for low APR's would seem to be right in the NCAA's wheelhouse. ;)

i was very concerned coming into the league that the touch foul officiating would kill us. that really has't been the case.

I guess Florida St kinda helps but I can't help but feel like ACC football is on the same level as old Big East football.

oBE fball had the U

my biggest gripe is I truly dont care

I have exactly 0.0 interest level in anything like NCSt vs GT or Clemson vs WGAF St. or ...

Lets Go Orange!!

i was very concerned coming into the league that the touch foul officiating would kill us. that really has't been the case.

Every basketball game I've ever watched or been associated with the losing teams says the referees were lousy. The winning team never complains about the referees!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom