My work experience and the recruitment of Green | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My work experience and the recruitment of Green

I at 5/6 rows behind Green at Orange Madness. When they introduced Boeheim and everyone stood up, clapped, and gave their respects, Green remained seated. Yes, this is his choice, but as a fan, rubbed me the wrong fan and instantly put up the red flag.
its amazing how disrespectful kids are. one of the Cuse players tweeted recently who i happen (among hundreds) to follow on twitter. and one of the recruits (dont think it was quade, maybe tucker or someone) responded something about "Coach Jimmy" which of course i thought was completely disrespectful ! lol

Some backround: Francis on his recent pod claimed that QG wanted to go to duke as recently as this summer. I also remember from this summer, someone saw him wearing duk gear, so i believe Francis. F also said K lost interest in QG soon after that. My guess is K saw that QG is all about himself, which is probably true as QG (according to Francis) flipped from Cuse to duk to Cuse to uk in a matter of a few months. The kid is a tremendous talent but likely all about himself which is fine - uk is a Perfect fit for him!

I think it's possible that Duke backing off Green late this summer may have had something to do with JB's & Coach K's close relationship. Who knows the conversations that possibly took place among them during the Olympics, etc. With SU's long courtship of Green, and what it presumably meant to SU's immediate future (at least at the time) combined with Duke's relatively short duration of interest. Additionally, with Duke's ability to recruit at a considerably higher level than SU, K didn't want to go head to head with JB on this. Just a thought...Francis did note in his pod cast that he had no idea or wasn't clear as to why Duke may have backed off.

Clearly QG was stringing SU along with his beauty queen attention seeking antics. When the presumed 'sexiest man alive' came along and pledged his alleged devotion...he gone! In the end, choosing UK was practically foreseeable considering all the trips and visits Green made to the Hill, etc., but never making that public commitment. For the most part, and in hindsight, the writing was on the wall the entire time.

My buddy went to Duke and is pretty plugged in. The reason he heard for them backing off Green was his transcripts didnt give them a great feeling

I. This was in the 80's and I did have the $60,000 spent in my head.
I always have $60,000 spent in my head ;)

After Wes and Cal got a hold of Green at the Garden, that NG coach couldnt go on record fast enough to the media that Green had just made up his mind. That coach seemed more than fine with Greens decision to flip to uk, given how he was supposedly pushing green toward SU- something doesnt add up! But that is no shocker if and when slimeballs like Cal and wes get involved...

I think we can put the MSG Screwjob theory to bed now. Francis' podcast made it clear that this was in the offing before the UK/MSU game. He came back from his UK campus visit with a noticeably different attitude. Doesn't mean something shady didn't happen, but it's pretty clear it didn't go down in the bowels of the Garden.

Quote from Green's coach:
"He hasn't said it to me but just being around him, I think Kentucky was the choice for a little while now. He just kept it to himself. He was wearing Kentucky stuff every day in practice. The fact that one of his ex-teammates plays football there, [Syracuse] was just a situation where he felt comfortable, but he wanted to go to Kentucky."
Doesn't really support the narrative that he was ours up until the champions classic. Wearing Kentucky gear in practice everyday. .

This is just kind of a funny quote all around. It's sort of akin to:

"Yeah, I was trying to keep the fact that I went on vacation to Thailand a secret. So I wore my 'I just went to Thailand and all I got was this stupid T-shirt,', and the rest of my vacation gear every day!!!"

Just to keep it to myself!!! :)

My buddy went to Duke and is pretty plugged in. The reason he heard for them backing off Green was his transcripts didnt give them a great feeling
Yeah I heard something similar. K doesn't back off for his buddy...

Quote from Green's coach:
"He hasn't said it to me but just being around him, I think Kentucky was the choice for a little while now. He just kept it to himself. He was wearing Kentucky stuff every day in practice. The fact that one of his ex-teammates plays football there, [Syracuse] was just a situation where he felt comfortable, but he wanted to go to Kentucky."
Doesn't really support the narrative that he was ours up until the champions classic. Wearing Kentucky gear in practice everyday. .
Sounds like a "save face" comment

I at 5/6 rows behind Green at Orange Madness. When they introduced Boeheim and everyone stood up, clapped, and gave their respects, Green remained seated. Yes, this is his choice, but as a fan, rubbed me the wrong fan and instantly put up the red flag.

Amen bruh. I stood behind, what appeared to be him, at McDonalds and the guy didn't say thank you after getting an extra dipping sauce for his nuggets. Dude - the cashier/nugget getter/cashier person/McFlurry engineer deserves better.

You are correct sir..

People forget JB and Coach K are both alphas and neither one will lay off a recruit or back down from anything for one another... no matter how many golf tournaments they play together or Olympic Games they coach together... no matter how many times jimmy picks his nose or how big of a nerd Coach K looks like..

I am on Dooks campus once a week dealing with all the departments and I've heard the same things

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom