Class of 2015 - Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is! | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Mystery Commit? Who do you think it is!

Van111

Starter
I have heard some names thrown around like Ellison and a kid with a last name that starts with "W", but this class has exploded, and what a pleasant surprise. yes, had some bad news as well with two in the class of 14 not qualifying, but then we have this mystery commit, whom we supposedly pulled an offer for WR/TE position.

I really have no clue who it is and thought I would start this to see what you all think. I am guessing, the reason the kid wants it to be silent is because he is already committed elsewhere, or their is a "big" reason why, as in maybe something special is going to be announced. Yes, it could be a simple reason too, like being low key, or not ready to tell everyone, but I have a feeling it will be dramatic once it is announced. Your views...

its-a-mystery-500x325.jpeg

A lot of people suggest it's Ellison because he is simply waiting to announce on Aug 11, his mothers BDay.

The fact we had a WR offer pulled suggests that it wouldn't be for Ellison, but for someone on the offensive side of the ball. This doesn't mean Ellison isn't coming here of course, but it wouldn't be because he is a silent verbal.

My guess is that it's a WR that we have been very quietly working with (media wise) and we will probably be surprised when it all comes to light.

The usual suspects right now would be Ellison, Dawson, Pugh, Henderson. I think Parkinson is a possibility.

TJ Wheatley!
That would make a lot of sense, as he is touring with all the big boys and maybe wants to enjoy the moment and then shock the world and come to the Cuse! He does have reasons to come here, but I do think it is just wishful thinking. That would be something though!

That would make a lot of sense, as he is touring with all the big boys and maybe wants to enjoy the moment and then shock the world and come to the Cuse! He does have reasons to come here, but I do think it is just wishful thinking. That would be something though!
He only left us out of his 5 because we're such favorites it's not even fair. It's like why UB's left out of playboy's top 10 party schools ;)

There isn't a mystery commit at WR/TE. This has been discussed ad nauseum.
I'd love to know how you can be so sure. We have Schafers word that we have one more commit than is publically known. Plus that pesky article about Frank Battle losing his spot because someone else committed first. Even if you don't believe that article is all truth, evidence still shows we have a silent out there somewhere.

How can you be so certain it isn't a WR? I'm pretty sure you think it's Ellison (and it may well be) but how can you be positive it can't be a WR/TE commit that's the silent?

Just throwing it out there, but it's a lot more plausible that Daivon Ellison, kid that has visited Cuse, has repeatedly said Cuse is his leader, posts on twitter as if he's already committed, and had an announced decision date of August 11th, is a silent verbal than some mystery WR recruit that no one has ever heard of that hasn't visited the campus.

I'd love to know how you can be so sure. We have Schafers word that we have one more commit than is publically known. Plus that pesky article about Frank Battle losing his spot because someone else committed first. Even if you don't believe that article is all truth, evidence still shows we have a silent out there somewhere.

How can you be so certain it isn't a WR? I'm pretty sure you think it's Ellison (and it may well be) but how can you be positive it can't be a WR/TE commit that's the silent?

Trust me it's not a TE/Y. That is 100%

Trust me it's not a TE/Y. That is 100%

And you know this because of an inside source? Or just your personal speculation based on the info everybody has?

I have no issues if you actually know something (and obviously wouldn't request you share what you know / how you know it) just curious because you seem damn positive.

And you know this because of an inside source? Or just your personal speculation based on the info everybody has?

I have no issues if you actually know something (and obviously wouldn't request you share what you know / how you know it) just curious because you seem damn positive.

Anomander has a good history with his info.

Anomander has a good history with his info.
I'm aware. Yet sometimes people are still speculating without knowing things for sure. That's why I asked.

I'm aware. Yet sometimes people are still speculating without knowing things for sure. That's why I asked.
Like you, I questioned anomander's "air of certainty" once, but since then I've started paying more attention to his posts and I've learned to trust his info. I probably owe him an apology.

Understood. He and Bnoro are probably the closest to Francis we have on the football side of things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom