Naes Howard | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

I honestly feel extremely bad for the kid. He obviously is going through some major stuff mentally and I don't think any of us know exactly what that's like. I really hope he gets the help he needs and even wants and can be apart of society as a normal citizen again

Unfortunately just because someone is crazy doesn't mean they are certifiable. It's not that easy to get an individual institutional care.

I honestly feel extremely bad for the kid. He obviously is going through some major stuff mentally and I don't think any of us know exactly what that's like. I really hope he gets the help he needs and even wants and can be apart of society as a normal citizen again

Sometimes people don't "go through". It the new place they call home. Some things aren't fixable. Not saying he is like that but it is a distinct possibility.

This is a very sad situation. Clearly the young man needs help. When will he get it?? After he fatally hurts someone??

We had a very dear friend, who became potentially harmful to himself and those around him. He was an extremely intelligent individual, a scientist in fact, who we literally could not get help for. We'd bring him to a mental care facility and he would be released in a matter of hours. The cops were called to his house frequently, but, couldn't really do anything because he wasn't really breaking any laws. It was one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen family and friends go through, we literally could not get him the help he needed.

My relative who works at St. Joe's was one of the first people to deal with the jumper there a few weeks back. Her and the other lady who find the young man thought he was shot in the head at first and never thought he jumped from the parking garage.Well the Manilus police dropped him off as a committable person and then just walked out on him and the staff. Broke official protocol as they needed to stay there until security from the hospital accepts and takes control of them.The guy was filling out paperwork when he told the admittance person he needed to take a walk and left to go to the parking garage.
This is the very same hospital that just paid almost a $million dollar fine for using uncertified personal in their mental care Dept. earlier this year as therapists.. This whole system is just plain messed up.

Last edited:
really sad. as others have said, this young man needs psychological help badly. He is a danger to himself and to others. let's hope he gets the help he needs.

Am I the only one whose heart skips a beat when they get a notification a new post is on this thread?

I bet Winfield's and Scissum's do too. Think of what it must be like for them. Him being in jail is their only short term relief until the city of Syracuse is a part of their past.

My relative who works at St. Joe's was one of the first people to deal with the jumper there a few weeks back. Her and the other lady who find the young man thought he was shot in the head at first and never thought he jumped from the parking garage.Well the Manilus police dropped him off as a committable person and then just walked out on him and the staff. Broke official protocol as they needed to stay there until security from the hospital accepts and takes control of them.The guy was filling out paperwork when he told the admittance person he needed to take a walk and left to go to the parking garage.
This is the very same hospital that just paid almost a $million dollar fine for using uncertified personal in their mental care Dept. earlier this year as therapists.. This whole system is just plain messed up.
Wow. The management that make decisions for that place should be prosecuted. 15 years ago next month they literally killed a friend of mine with what was supposed to be a routine procedure for his internal defibrillator. Ripped a dime sized hole in his heart allowing blood to fill the pericardium until it had no more room and stopped. They had no open heart surgeon on the premises and by the time he got there he was brain dead. He was 25 and had been married for just over a year. His wife was awarded a sizeable settlement, like that mattered to her, she just wanted her husband back. The kicker, he and his wife were nurses there.

Wow. The management that make decisions for that place should be prosecuted. 15 years ago next month they literally killed a friend of mine with what was supposed to be a routine procedure for his internal defibrillator. Ripped a dime sized hole in his heart allowing blood to fill the pericardium until it had no more room and stopped. They had no open heart surgeon on the premises and by the time he got there he was brain dead. He was 25 and had been married for just over a year. His wife was awarded a sizeable settlement, like that mattered to her, she just wanted her husband back. The kicker, he and his wife were nurses there.

Whoa. Awful story.

We had a very dear friend, who became potentially harmful to himself and those around him. He was an extremely intelligent individual, a scientist in fact, who we literally could not get help for. We'd bring him to a mental care facility and he would be released in a matter of hours. The cops were called to his house frequently, but, couldn't really do anything because he wasn't really breaking any laws. It was one of the most frustrating things I've ever seen family and friends go through, we literally could not get him the help he needed.
Generally, if you k,is date, time and place, you can refuse treatment.
Unless you are a danger to yourself or others, you can't have care forced upon you.

there is no point to this thread other than what a tabloid would publish. if there is something that we can constructively do as a community fine. if not, leave him and his family alone by not perseverating an unfortunate situation

there is no point to this thread other than what a tabloid would publish. if there is something that we can constructively do as a community fine. if not, leave him and his family alone by not perseverating an unfortunate situation
I understand the sentiment, but, this has by and large had to do with Syracuse football. The outcome of this situation could have bearing on the team. There's quite a bit of empathy for the young man.

20 is young, but Howard looks like he is 15. so young, so incredibly sad.