Naes Howard | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Naes Howard

New staff = clean slate

That explanation is the first one I've seen that makes sense. Thanks.

I don't agree with that. suspension and quitter period. 2nd chance fine, but jump through some hoops to get it, that's fine to. You don't want to bring a distraction into a new locker room or worse a potential cancer.

and is no walkon tryouts in the spring a syracuse rule or a dino babers rule? b/c i would think the HC can bring on anybody he wants to the team anytime he pleases.

I don't agree with that. suspension and quitter period. 2nd chance fine, but jump through some hoops to get it, that's fine to. You don't want to bring a distraction into a new locker room or worse a potential cancer.

and is no walkon tryouts in the spring a syracuse rule or a dino babers rule? b/c i would think the HC can bring on anybody he wants to the team anytime he pleases.

Nonsense. Kids make dumb choices. Their entire life shouldn't be defined by a dumb choice--especially when they're actively taking tangible steps to correct the mistake.

I'm far from a bleeding heart, but I'm not anti-second chances.

RF..I agree with your POV here but I wonder if HCDB is worried he has enough on his plate this Spring and doesn't want to deal with any possible distractions with Howard.

He'll have enough drama with any of the Shaf recruits who don't buy in or are pissed they don't seem to be getting a fair shake for playing time.

The kid bailed twice on FB teams (Cuse and Wagner)...maybe Babers is telling him I wanna see more commitment...maybe he'll get invited to walk on this summer?

isnt there a set number of kids who can play , 85 is the scholie number and then some number of walkons are allowed but its not unlimited thats why they have preferred and tryouts? why spend the time coaching a new system to someone they dont know they can trust.

isnt there a set number of kids who can play , 85 is the scholie number and then some number of walkons are allowed but its not unlimited thats why they have preferred and tryouts? why spend the time coaching a new system to someone they dont know they can trust.

You're limited to 105 players total from the time Camp starts until your 1st game, or until school starts (whichever comes first).

17.10.2.1.2 Limit on Number of Participants—Bowl Subdivision. [FBS]
In bowl subdivision football, there shall be a limit of 105 student-athletes who may engage in practice activities prior to the institution’s first day of classes or the institution’s first contest, whichever occurs earlier.

The way I see it, this is their first coaching time with the kids on the team. Nas, for whatever reason, isn't currently on the team and therefore could be considered a distraction from the other student athletes. what I mean by distraction is that he would be another person for the staff to spend time with coaching and mentoring instead of someone that has done the necessary things to "deserve" to be there.

I am sure they will let him walk on in the summer, but they have so much evaluation and information to get out that they simply don't have time for a project right now.

That's why you have captains. Sit down with Zaire et al for 20 minutes and determine what approach best fits the situation. Kid is at a position of need, has skills and wants to be here. If the door may open in summer find a key now, even if it is laying out the requirements to gain reinstatement.

According to various reports, the stabbing victims were two 21 year old males whom Howard knew, and the stabbing occurred in a south campus apartment. From these facts, it is reasonable to assume that the victims could have been football players. If so, they would likely be juniors or seniors.

According to various reports, the stabbing victims were two 21 year old males whom Howard knew, and the stabbing occurred in a south campus apartment. From these facts, it is reasonable to assume that the victims could have been football players. If so, they would likely be juniors or seniors.

Ugh

I had a conversation with his coaches after he signed his NLOI, always was struck by how they responded when I offered congratulations. Pretty sure this one's just a bad egg, and has always been a headache.

Two starters. Yay. Well, Nas certainly has had an impact on the Syracuse football program.

Hope those two are okay - non life threatening injuries.

What. The. @#$.

Well, there's strike 2 and 3. Adi-freaking-os.

strike 2-100.

I almost feel bad for him - he obviously has some serious demons inside and has now completely wasted all of his athletic opportunities.

My brother never stabbed anyone, but he wasted 99.9% of his opportunities and has somehow found a way in life. I hope the same thing goes for Naes. I really feel for his family right now - and of course the stabbing victims.

Who stabs someone??? Stabbing is not a minor altercation. A knife is a deadly weapon.

stabbing doesnt always equal knife. for all we know, it could be a stabbing with a plastic tool or even a pencil that caused some minor cuts or it could be a butcher knife where the victims are lucky to be alive.