Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Nassib

MadNY3

All American
Stinks.

And I am a Giants fan so that stinks too.

(Sigh.)

My question. Why the regression?

Is it the new staff?

My question. Why the regression?

Is it the new staff?

The Giants always stink in preseason. That's part of it. OL is not as great and the backups aren't above average by any means.

But Nassib is missing some throws a 4th-year needs to make among the major things. Disappointing.

He's played himself out of the "starting QB" conversation for next season. And he's starting to play himself out of the "Eli's Back-up" conversation as well.

With this crappy preseason, he's losing whatever contract leverage he may have had. If the Giants want to retain him, they'll get him cheap.

He's played himself out of the "starting QB" conversation for next season. And he's starting to play himself out of the "Eli's Back-up" conversation as well.

With this crappy preseason, he's losing whatever contract leverage he may have had. If the Giants want to retain him, they'll get him cheap.
So long as he gets another contract, he'll be sitting pretty.

So long as he gets another contract, he'll be sitting pretty.
that's the thing.

he wont be getting 'compete for the starter' $$ next year.

he likely will be getting the 'compete to be the backup' minimum.

that's the thing.

he wont be getting 'compete for the starter' $$ next year.

he likely will be getting the 'compete to be the backup' minimum.
Still a nice increase from where he's at now. He's a bargain basement backup right now, even playing crappy.

No one feels bad for Ryan personally. The young man has done well for himself. And even if he gets bounced out after 5-6 years, he will leave as a newlywed with a nice bankroll and clean bill of health. And lets not forget he'll have his MBA at that point as well.

But it would've been nice to see him go out and make a run as a starting QB.

Played better last night.

16-29 210yds 1 TD

16-29 210yds 1 TD
I saw a little. Some nice strikes including the short pass (long yards) that led to the TD.

16-29 210yds 1 TD

I turned the game on for about 20 seconds [flipping through channels as I bounced between college football games], just in time to see him throw the TD pass. Glad he had a solid performance to close out the preseason.

he did enough to keep his job, but not sure enough to make him more than a 'camp arm' next year for some team. he should stay here as the #2.

he did enough to keep his job, but not sure enough to make him more than a 'camp arm' next year for some team. he should stay here as the #2.
Unless this is the year that...

I agree that being a Giants fan stinks.
seeing as your avatar is 'Dodgers ' (that nickname needs to come back home btw) having you say being a Giants fan stinks...well, it doesn't quite land as hard as you think it did.

seeing as your avatar is 'Dodgers ' (that nickname needs to come back home btw) having you say being a Giants fan stinks...well, it doesn't quite land as hard as you think it did.
There is absolutely no connection between the 2. Been a Dodger fan since their days in Brooklyn which could account for a dislike of the San Francisco Giants but not the football Giants.

Home? Having gone to school at Ithaca, I feel like Brooklyn is more NJ than NY.

He is supposed to go with Tom and Doug at Jacksoncuse.

Don't hate on the Cuse Connection in Jax. They'll be winning their division in two years.

Hopefully, Nassib sticks somewhere, but he still isn't an NFL QB. All I can think of are his 90 mph screen passes, then I wince.

Don't hate on the Cuse Connection in Jax. They'll be winning their division in two years.

Hopefully, Nassib sticks somewhere, but he still isn't an NFL QB. All I can think of are his 90 mph screen passes, then I wince.
Jags are my new favorite team. Doug is making up for lost time and is coaching the heck out of his players, they will win their division this year. Brady throws harder than that and NFL guts catch it. If Eli wasn't such a self absorbed jerk, he could have let Ryan get a chance to play in games at the end of the last couple of seasons when they were out of the playoff hunt or during blowouts to get a chance to audition his abilities. I hope that Nassib gets the job in Dallas and somehow ends up the starter and gives Eli and the Gmen the gas pipe. Clearly, it appeared that Eli was afraid that Ryan was good enough to take his job.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom