Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Nassib

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
If he hits either of the ones to Stevens or Chew early, the game is over before it begins.

Instead, he misses, throws a terrible pick, and allows them to stay in the game in the first quarter.

I don't care what anyone says, he's not the answer. Not even close.

If he hits either of the ones to Stevens or Chew early, the game is over before it begins.

Instead, he misses, throws a terrible pick, and allows them to stay in the game in the first quarter.

What are you smoking?????

Ryan looks to be our best QB since McNabb. On the season he is connecting on 75% of his passes for a hair under 500 yards, 6 TD's and 1 int.

And all of that with little running attack and behind a line that doesn't do a good job of protecting him.

And by that thinking we should draft a quarterback in the first round right... Oh, wrong level :bang:

Agreed Nassib is easily one of the top 3 players we have... Now there is room for improvement, but we'd be in even deeper trouble without him...

What are you smoking?????

Ryan looks to be our best QB since McNabb. On the season he is connecting on 75% of his passes for a hair under 500 yards, 6 TD's and 1 int.

And all of that with little running attack and behind a line that doesn't do a good job of protecting him.

Yep. I was thinking the same thing. He is the best QB here since McNabb. He had pressure coming right up the middle in his face all game long. With a better O-Line I believe he could really excel.

His post was a bit over the top...although If he doesn't underthrow Chew or hits Stevens, it's probably a rout. That 4th and 1 we didn't convert turned out to be a huge momentum swinger.

This post isn't the answer.

Where is the "dislike" button?

Dumb...d-u-m

Maybe it's a rout if he hits one of those, but he shouldn't have had to. We should have been able to run for 250+ against a FCS team with 35-40 minutes of time of possession.

Maybe it's a rout if he hits one of those, but he shouldn't have had to. We should have been able to run for 250+ against a FCS team with 35-40 minutes of time of possession.

that's a ridiculous statement, I don't think any team in the country runs for 250 yards with 40 minutes against a top level FCS team... Remember, URI beat Nova last year, but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. Glad you joined us from syracuse.com

On his show Doug said that Ryan is clam on the outside butvery emotional on the isnide and it comes out in early overthrows- he gets too "pumped up" and has to clam down. Vs. Wake we had the long pass the Chew that would have been six but was over thrown. In this game we had the early drive going gangbusters, (nothing but first downs on each play) and the overthrew lemon for the pick. If that happens vs. USC, we will be in deep trouble.

I agree, however, that he's our best QB since McNabb and his numbers this year are amazing. Anybody whyo thinks he's the problem is nuts. :crazy:

that's a ridiculous statement, I don't think any team in the country runs for 250 yards with 40 minutes against a top level FCS team... Remember, URI beat Nova last year, but don't let facts get in the way of your agenda. Glad you joined us from syracuse.com

Maybe my numbers are a little high, but I don't think they're that far off. I think URI was 5-6 last year, so they're probably not top level. Good balanced teams (I realize we're not in the category yet) average around 200 on the ground against FBS teams and when we were good that's what we did. I'm not saying we should get even 175 against anyone else all year, but a FBS level offensive line should push around a FCS defense. Not counting sacks we averaged just over 3 yards a carry on 19 carries (that's pitiful). If we have the success on the ground that Marrone wanted we surely don't attempt 37 passes. If we sustain the drives that ended after only 3 plays (there were 5 of those not counting the possession before the half or the last one of the game) for an average of 4 plays per possession we have 20 more total offensive plays. If most of those twenty plays are runs and some of Nassib's pass attempts are traded for runs (highly likely if we have success on the ground) we have somewhere around 45 or 50 rush attempts. If we average 4.5 per carry and attempt 45 carries that's over 200 right there.

20 FBS teams last year averaged over 200 ypg rushing against primarily FBS opponents. 9 averaged over 250 and 1 over 300. What would they do against FCS teams?

All of that rambling to say that I don't think it was a ridiculous statement.

BTW, thanks for the greeting. I'm happy to be here.

Nassib is far from being "the problem" with this team, but can we please lose the "best quarterback since McNabb" nonsense?

That is clearly a tallest midget argument.

Nassib is far from being "the problem" with this team, but can we please lose the "best quarterback since McNabb" nonsense?

That is clearly a tallest midget argument.

Right, being the best QB since McNabb and being a top 3 player on a roster that is still recovering from Greggers does not prove that Nassib is the answer for a BCS football team fighting to get back to where we need to be.

I think Nassib could be quite a player, but it's hard to tell with so few passes in the pocket. We won't get away this many bootlegs all season. Hopefully Sales is back soon and opens up our offense.

Right, being the best QB since McNabb and being a top 3 player on a roster that is still recovering from Greggers does not prove that Nassib is the answer for a BCS football team fighting to get back to where we need to be. I think he could be quite a player, but it's hard to tell with so few passes in the pocket. We won't get away with playing this much out of pocket all season.

Aren't passes out of the pocket generally more difficult? I doubt Nassib's going to get worse when we give him time to throw...

People may think I'm crazy, but I see what I see. And it's not a guy that's going to lead a team to a championship. That is what we're all striving for, right?

Ultimately, you want a kid that's going to win games for you at the QB position. Not not lose them. Is he terrible? I'd say no. He's actually not terrible. He's not bad, and he's, in some instances, above average.

But consistently, he misses at least three or four throws a game that need to be completed and that would be game changers. And he just doesn't look like he's ever comfortable in the pocket. That's why we do play-action every single passing play. What happens when we're facing a team that can stop the run with four down linemen, and can bring pressure from the back side on our play action passes? He's going to go right back to throwing for 130 yards a game like he did last year during BIG EAST play.

If I'm wrong about this, I'll be the first to say so. I really do root for him, and root for the team to win. But I just don't see it.

I don't disagree that he's the best since McNabb -- but come on, what is the competition? It's not like he's going up against Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

What happens when we're facing a team that can stop the run with four down linemen, and can bring pressure from the back side on our play action passes? He's going to go right back to throwing for 130 yards a game like he did last year during BIG EAST play.

We faced this team today. We had no running game, and most of the pressure came from the backside. Nassib threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs, and completed 70% of his passes.

I'm not quite sure why you're trying hard not to accept the fact that he's a good QB. No one says he's going to lead us to a national championship...no college quarterback in the nation could do that this year, three years removed from G-Rob. That would be a ridiculous expectation. But Nassib's a very good QB, and might end up being the best one in the conference.

People may think I'm crazy, but I see what I see. And it's not a guy that's going to lead a team to a championship. That is what we're all striving for, right?

Not me, Rico Suave. I just want 6 and 6 and a second consecutive bowl appearance.

Ultimately, you want a kid that's going to win games for you at the QB position. Not not lose them. Is he terrible? I'd say no. He's actually not terrible. He's not bad, and he's, in some instances, above average.

I would say that arguably the thing that Nassib does best is make game winning plays late. How many late game/4th quarter/OT scoring drives has he led to tie or take the lead? It feels like that happens in 60-70% of the games we win. Can someone looks this up? We know it's 100% of the games this season.

But consistently, he misses at least three or four throws a game that need to be completed and that would be game changers. And he just doesn't look like he's ever comfortable in the pocket. That's why we do play-action every single passing play. What happens when we're facing a team that can stop the run with four down linemen, and can bring pressure from the back side on our play action passes? He's going to go right back to throwing for 130 yards a game like he did last year during BIG EAST play.

Remains to be seen I was think. Last year people weren't happy with the 56% of passes he completed, now the 75% he's completing isn't enough. Geez.

If I'm wrong about this, I'll be the first to say so. I really do root for him, and root for the team to win. But I just don't see it.

I don't disagree that he's the best since McNabb -- but come on, what is the competition? It's not like he's going up against Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck.

Sure seems to me like he's held to a Manning or Luck standard by some.

If the OL keeps playing like they did yesterday, you are going to find out what the alternative is to Nassib. He's not going to make it through the season if the OL keeps this up. I appreciate Nassib a lot now. I hope others don't learn to appreciate him more when he is gone.

And he just doesn't look like he's ever comfortable in the pocket.

I'm not sure he's had a pocket yet this year. I don't think Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady would look comfortable in the type of pocket Nassib's been given. (a little hyperbole definitely being used here)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom