Nassib's NYG career likely over | Syracusefan.com

Nassib's NYG career likely over

Greatest careers of any Syracuse player ever?!?!
david_carradine_death_race_2000.jpg

90% completion percentage!! In all seriousness, I hope he is able to latch on somewhere else next season and stick around in the league for a long time as a backup. It's great money and you get out healthy.

He parlayed one stellar Senior season at Syracuse into a 3 year NFL paycheck as a back-up quarterback, escaping any serious injury. On top of that, he completed his bachelors degree, his MBA and married his longtime girlfriend.

If you compare where Ryan is after 3 years in the NFL to other former SU players, the young man has done quite well for himself. And his career isn't over. He still has a chance to catch on with another team.

He parlayed one stellar Senior season at Syracuse into a 3 year NFL paycheck as a back-up quarterback, escaping any serious injury. On top of that, he completed his bachelors degree, his MBA and married his longtime girlfriend.

If you compare where Ryan is after 3 years in the NFL to other former SU players, the young man has done quite well for himself. And his career isn't over. He still has a chance to catch on with another team.

That's all true--he made it to the bigs, and should be commended for that. He's one of the >1% who get to the NFL and gets paid to play a game. In that regard, he "made it."

But all that said, in what universe does that constitute "...the greatest NFL careers of any Syracuse player...ever," per your OP? He's probably not even in the top 25. C'mon.

Without having played a single a meaningful snap, some can argue that Ryan's 3 year Giants tenure has been one of the greatest NFL careers of any Syracuse player...ever.

Nassib’s Giants career likely over with trip to IR

Even if he never plays a snap in a meaningful game, I tip my hat to Ryan's accomplishments and savvy.

So, first ballot NFL HOF'er then, right? :p

... with apologies to:
Jim Brown , Larry Csonka , Al Davis* , Marvin Harrison , Floyd Little , John Mackey , Art Monk , Jim Ringo...
and probably Dwight Freeney (TBD)
:cool:

Marrone should be forever thankful that Nassib had that senior year. No NFL head coaching offer without it.

so has he been in long enough to be vested in the NFL retirement? Didn't Mike Hart just miss out on length of service?

He might never make another 53-man roster, but, his opportunity is far from up. Multiple teams will kick the tires on him if he leaves NY and is healthy.

That's all true--he made it to the bigs, and should be commended for that. He's one of the >1% who get to the NFL and gets paid to play a game. In that regard, he "made it."

But all that said, in what universe does that constitute "...the greatest NFL careers of any Syracuse player...ever," per your OP? He's probably not even in the top 25. C'mon.
todd philcox my favorite over achiever. all he did at su was get it done

so has he been in long enough to be vested in the NFL retirement? Didn't Mike Hart just miss out on length of service?

I believe so. Last I knew it was 3 years in the league on a roster and you are vested. Don't know off hand how long Hart was in the league. Others probably know better on that.