NBA Draft Tonight | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

The Amir Johnson contract is really 1 year 12 million. The second year is NOT GUARANTEED and I guess Johnson becomes the Luke Ridnour of 2016 and will get dealt multiple times next year. His contract is 2 yrs 24 million, but the second year is at Boston's option.
That makes me feel better about the deal - where did you see there's a team option on the second year?

That makes me feel better about the deal - where did you see there's a team option on the second year?
Bruce Allen of Boston Sports Media reported the 2nd year wasn't guaranteed. So it was a 1 year deal guaranteed for 12 million.

The Celtics are targeting Tobias Harris and long-shot Draymond Green to go with Johnson.

Why do we care about an even playing field and markets not mattering as much?
Hard cap means no cheap owners can screw their fanbases over by refusing to pay the luxury tax while other owners will. Hard cap means all markets have the same amount of money to spend and thus Charlotte is no different than Los Angeles or Miami with how much they can spend.
You obviously don't like the NFL as they are the kings of parity because of the salary cap being hard. Every fanbase can thing they have a chance to build something and no team can outspend the others.

Hard salary cap is the best for fans.

Hard cap means no cheap owners can screw their fanbases over by refusing to pay the luxury tax while other owners will. Hard cap means all markets have the same amount of money to spend and thus Charlotte is no different than Los Angeles or Miami with how much they can spend.
You obviously don't like the NFL as they are the kings of parity because of the salary cap being hard. Every fanbase can thing they have a chance to build something and no team can outspend the others.

Hard salary cap is the best for fans.
I would say though that the NFL is the least innovative of the major sports, and that is not the best for fans. Lack of a hard cap, like in MLB and the NBA, forces small market teams to become more creative about competing. That creativity makes for a more entertaining sport.

I would say though that the NFL is the least innovative of the major sports, and that is not the best for fans. Lack of a hard cap, like in MLB and the NBA, forces small market teams to become more creative about competing. That creativity makes for a more entertaining sport.
More creative in competing? Basketball's problem is small market teams can't compete unless they win the lottery and get a superstar or have really good coaching develop decent players and make them better.

2015- Golden State over Cleveland
2014- San Antonio over Miami
2013- Miami over San Antonio
2012- Miami over Oklahoma City
2011- Dallas over Miami
2010- LA Lakers over Boston
2009- LA Lakers over Orlando
2008- Boston over LA Lakers
2007- San Antonio over Cleveland
2006- Miami over Dallas
2005- San Antonio over Detroit
2004- Detroit over LA Lakers
2003 San Antonio over New Jersey Nets
2002- LA Lakers over New Jersey Nets
2001- LA Lakers over Philadelphia
2000- LA Lakers over Indiana
1999- San Antonio over NY Knicks

14 teams have played for a Championship and 7 teams have won Championship the last in 17 seasons.

Football and Baseball have a lot more parity. I believe hard cap would be good for basketball fans if you disagree fine I don't really care that much.

More creative in competing? Basketball's problem is small market teams can't compete unless they win the lottery and get a superstar or have really good coaching develop decent players and make them better.

2011- Dallas over Miami
2006- Miami over Dallas

14 teams have played for a Championship and 7 teams have won Championship the last in 17 seasons.

Football and Baseball have a lot more parity. I believe hard cap would be good for basketball fans if you disagree fine I don't really care that much.
While I agree, it's tough to change if you're the NBA and your popularity is exploding everywhere.

2011- Dallas over Miami
2006- Miami over Dallas

Don't bail, I think this is a good discussion.

I would say that innovators are not always rewarded with championships. See Beane's moneyball Athletics and the Nash/D'Antoni Suns. That makes sense, because you only get one champion a year, but teams that win more than they lose thanks in part to new approaches cause ripples and cultural and philosophical shifts in their leagues.

Stats don't matter. Odds don't matter. I just showed you 9 2nd round draft picks in one draft that played 10+ years, including a scrub like Brian Scalabrine. It's actually fairly common. None of that effects Rak or his performance or longevity in the NBA.

And I just showed you a draft where nearly the entire 2nd round was decimated. The notion that 2nd rounders having 10+ year careers in the NBA as being fairly common is lunacy. It happens but it's a distinct minority.

It looks like Rak's future in Cleveland might be limited. Love just re-upped for 5 years. Mozgof's in the fold. Varejao likely back too. Tristan Thompson also set to sign a new LT deal.

Ben Simmons 2016! Let's do this Knicks!
Denver has the right to swap draft slots and then that pick would go to Toronto. Thanks to Andrea Bargiani trade.

If Phil can't swing a miracle the Knicks are in big trouble.

76ers just took on Jason Thompson, Carl Landy and Nik Stauskas from Sacramento.

George Karl can't be around much longer with Cousins and Rondo..

Denver has the right to swap draft slots and then that pick would go to Toronto. Thanks to Andrea Bargiani trade.

Totally forgot. I can't believe I'm holding out hope for Monroe and Afflalo.

With all this crazy money being spent the fact the Celtics just gave Jae Crowder 5 years and only 35 million dollars makes me feel good. That contract is trade-able in the future now and Crowder is a good wing player.

I'm holding out hope that the Jazz go all chips in on Wesley Matthews.

He's still on the board, right?

I'm not even a Knicks fan and I feel like I need to cry. That is just awful.

With all this crazy money being spent the fact the Celtics just gave Jae Crowder 5 years and only 35 million dollars makes me feel good. That contract is trade-able in the future now and Crowder is a good wing player.

I don't know, not a fan of Crowder honestly, I'd rather hold onto the money and go after somebody else.

Afflalo 2 years, $16 mil (really 1 year, $8 million because the 2nd year is a player option, so basically, if he sucks, he'll stay, or if he does well, he'll opt out). Not a bad signing, but obviously he's not going to make a huge difference if you don't add more to the roster.

Cleveland gave Shumpert 40 million and Thompson 80 million when we were told numerous times throughout the finals Lebron was playing with a bunch of D-leaguers.

Cleveland gave Shumpert 40 million and Thompson 80 million when we were told numerous times throughout the finals Lebron was playing with a bunch of D-leaguers.

I've heard Thompson is getting AT LEAST $80 million lol. To be fair, the Cavs are just spending however much money LeBron tells them to. Lebron and Thompson share an agent so he wanted his boy to get paid. And $10 million per year (Shumpert) is slightly above what the MLE is going to be in the coming years.

Edit: But yeah, anyone that said his supporting cast was pitiful is kidding themselves. If not for Love and Irving being out, they would have had a chance at beating Golden State even if Golden State is deeper.

They drastically over spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom