NBA Draft Tonight | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Tonight

Afflalo 2 years, $16 mil (really 1 year, $8 million because the 2nd year is a player option, so basically, if he sucks, he'll stay, or if he does well, he'll opt out). Not a bad signing, but obviously he's not going to make a huge difference if you don't add more to the roster.

Dare I say, I really like Afflalo on that contract.

Let's get Monroe and lock up that six seed in the east!

Dare I say, I really like Afflalo on that contract.

Let's get Monroe and lock up that six seed in the east!

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think Monroe & Afflalo are enough to turn that dumpster fire into a 6 seed.

The only difference between say, Harden and Melo is that Harden was healthy and on a good team. Melo is an elite offensive player too.

Gasol has become very overrated. He's good, but he's no more important to that team than Z-Bo or Conley.

Paul, Griffin, and Westbrook are all extremely debatable. Cousins may be playing himself into that picture.

Lebron, Durant, and Davis are the only guys clearly better. The rest, many of them are very close and will come and go. Curry and Harden are coming off great years. George and Leonard were guys everyone wanted to tout as being better last year.

I see something like this, and I think "Blake Griffin is not better at basketball than Carmelo Anthony." No way. He does play with CP3 though.

Obviously just difference of opinion. Harden is a much more efficient scorer and a better passer. Harden is a consistent 60% true shooting guy with really good assist numbers.

I didn't even want to bring up Leonard. You're giving Melo more of a benefit of the doubt than me with most of these guys; that's fine, we're both just guys who watch a lot of games, it's not like I can't be wrong or whatever. But the only one I'd really back off from my list was Duncan. Would take the rest of them over Melo for next year.

Affalo at that money seems ok to me. And I'm coming around on the seemingly inevitable Monroe signing.

I hate to burst your bubble, but I don't think Monroe & Afflalo are enough to turn that dumpster fire into a 6 seed.

The east is so bad it might actually be? Afflalo at that number gives them a little more money to play with, plus the room exception. I mean, probnably not, but you could be under 500 and a playoff team last year in the east. And since we don't have our pick next year, why not?

The east is so bad it might actually be? Afflalo at that number gives them a little more money to play with, plus the room exception. I mean, probnably not, but you could be under 500 and a playoff team last year in the east. And since we don't have our pick next year, why not?
Hope springs eternal in the East, where any step forward legitimately might get you in the playoffs.

I figure top five, in some order, is: Cavs, Hawks, Bulls, Heat, Wiz

After that, who knows. I think Milwaukee will be in it as well as Toronto. That only leaves one more spot. Let's get it Knicks! We, too, can aspire to a first round playoff thumping!

The Afflalo contract is a real good number for NYK. Give Phil his due on that one. Is Monroe a lock still? Isola on twitter has been making funny Godfather references for how David Falk has Phil Jackson big time with leverage.

Afflalo 2 years, $16 mil (really 1 year, $8 million because the 2nd year is a player option, so basically, if he sucks, he'll stay, or if he does well, he'll opt out). Not a bad signing, but obviously he's not going to make a huge difference if you don't add more to the roster.
GREAT signing considering what some of these jokers were getting yesterday.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent Greg Monroe will sign a maximum contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, league source tells Yahoo Sports.

Ruh-roh Phil Jackson.
Phil better have something in his back pocket or he's about to get run out of town. You can't come to NY, trade away the entire team for cap space and draft Kristaps Porzingis then strike out in FA.

Enes Kanter 4 yrs 48 million is the rumor, but he is a rFA I believe.

I can't believe it I give Phil credit for not offering a not max player the max, but he just lost the player. Robin Lopez and Kosta Koufas are the only real FA Cs left.

Agree, that Bucks team is going to be fun to watch, and just a lot of athleticism all around. The Knicks only had 19 left over after Afflalo right?

Clarence Gaines ‏@ClarenceGaines2 1m1 minute ago
On point @AminESPN - Haters will Hater, but the truth will unfold in time - "We'll see" & "time will tell" are 2 of my favorite sayings.

Melo tweeting "soon y'all will see"...

I'll hold my breath until Monroe actually signs on the dotted line, but man, that is HUGE for the Bucks.

ROBIN LOPEZ YOU CAN BE THE KING OF NY! LET'S DO THIS!

East right now
1. Cleveland

2. Chicago

3. Milwaukee

4. Miami
5. Washington

6. Atlanta

7. Toronto
8. Indiana
9. Brooklyn
10. Boston
11. New York
12. Charlotte
13. Detroit
14. Orlando

15. Philadelphia

Monroe is easily worth 16 million a year in the current environment

(Edit, slight rant: We need to stop throwing the term :"max contract" around like it's a one size fits all term.)

Last edited:
longislandcuse said:
Bucks team looks downright filthy now... MCW-Middleton-Parker-Giannis-Monroe

Very athletic, now they just need to teach a few of them how to play basketball.

Enes Kanter 4 yrs 48 million is the rumor, but he is a rFA I believe.

I can't believe it I give Phil credit for not offering a not max player the max, but he just lost the player. Robin Lopez and Kosta Koufas are the only real FA Cs left.
Isola reporting that Phil met with Robin Lopez last night and the interest is mutual. Not a scorer but at least he supplies some decent rim protection if Knicks can get him. Then they need to find another forward who can score.

Isola reporting that Phil met with Robin Lopez last night and the interest is mutual. Not a scorer but at least he supplies some decent rim protection if Knicks can get him. Then they need to find another forward who can score.

RoLo would be a solid get.

Can we please scrap the triangle, convince Melo to play the 4 and just put shooters around him now?

Just announced on twitter: Robin Lopez to Knicks. Not a bad get. Deal terms to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom