NBA Finals... | Syracusefan.com

NBA Finals...

Jake

Mod
OK the amount if NBA games I've actually sat down to watch in the past 20 years has to be less than 50. I sorta stopped when the Knicks stopped being good, the game evolved into rugby and games were being played in the 80s regularly.

I really haven't watched much since the new rules went into effect.

Until this post season-specifically the finals.

I'm starting to become a fan again..and it's because of Lebron and Curry. I've always liked lebrons game, but to see him in this series is really remarkable. Unbelievably complete player, and I find him very like able. Hard not to say he's at least equal, if not better than MJ.

Now, let's get to Curry. I've never really watched him play until this series. Holy ! I've never seen a release that quick. The first time I saw him shoot, I thought he was trying to beat the shot click, then I realized it was his usual release. He's freaking unguardable. That 4th quarter last night was insane. That release with that range and able to hit shots while he's drifting. My god. I want to watch him more, but when people say he's the best shooter they've ever seen, I now know it's not hyperbole.

He spent the entire 4th quarter making shots like Reggie Miller against the Knicks. You literally have to guard him one dribble over mid court.

I couldn't agree more with your statements besides Lebron being like able. Between his constant whining and over dramatics at the end of games it's just too much for me. With all that said its amazing to watch him play.

Pretty much the same as OP, Knicks fan that lost touch with the NBA a while back. But started watching Lebron in the finals the past few years. Hated on the Heat hard, but it's like a Larry Bird vibe. As much as you can't stand to see the villain win, James is amazing to watch. Might be a more complete player than MJ even though Jordan is probably the better scorer and defender. But Lebron seems like he can win the whole thing with any team, any competition. Everyone on the team becomes a household name on a given night because of Lebron's unselfish play.

As for Steph and that freakish quick release, I just don't know what to say. :eek:

Just look at dribbling, passing, shooting, the skills of basketball, and forget athletic ability. Steph Curry is the most skilled basketball player that has ever lived. His release, as Jake has said, looks like a mistake but it goes in almost 50% of the time. His handle is sick, and he's one of the most underrated (and best) passers in the league.

Curry is a true joy to watch, and he's so good that people sometimes don't notice that Klay Thompson is also a top 10 player in this league. And Golden State has about 7 other 2 way players.

2 way players are the future (and present) of the NBA. For comparison Cleveland only has 1 two way player, a guy named LeBron.

if you are truly a basketball fan than I am sorry for you if you are watching this finals and you think it is a good version of nba basketball. probably you have watched so much college in the last several years that you think this is playoff basketball. this is the lowest quality of play in the nba finals I have ever seen...are guys playing hard? sure fine whatever, but it doesn't make it good basketball.

The irony is that james is one of the most hated athletes there is (not hyperbole). Warranted or not, it's true.
Actually, I heard someone on the radio today say that his Q rating is back up to where it was before The Decision. The hardcore, dead-enders are still out there with their ridiculous hatred

Actually, I heard someone on the radio today say that his Q rating is back up to where it was before The Decision. The hardcore, dead-enders are still out there with their ridiculous hatred

Lebron is the most popular athlete in the world now. The hatred is smaller than it's ever been.

Last edited:
OK the amount if NBA games I've actually sat down to watch in the past 20 years has to be less than 50. I sorta stopped when the Knicks stopped being good, the game evolved into rugby and games were being played in the 80s regularly.

I'm starting to become a fan again..and it's because of Lebron and Curry. I've always liked lebrons game, but to see him in this series is really remarkable. Unbelievably complete player, and I find him very like able. Hard not to say he's at least equal, if not better than MJ.

Now, let's get to Curry. I've never really watched him play until this series. Holy ! I've never seen a release that quick. The first time I saw him shoot, I thought he was trying to beat the shot click, then I realized it was his usual release. He's freaking unguardable. That 4th quarter last night was insane. That release with that range and able to hit shots while he's drifting. My god. I want to watch him more, but when people say he's the best shooter they've ever seen, I now know it's not hyperbole.

He spent the entire 4th quarter making shots like Reggie Miller against the Knicks. You literally have to guard him one dribble over mid court.

First, welcome back.

Second, check out the other two threads about this series. Good stuff. It's a small group of hardcore fans, but really good chatter. This is my favorite board on syracusefan.com right now.

I'd argue you have to guard him before half court. He hit a 70 footer against Memphis in the semi's that hit nothing but net.

Just look at dribbling, passing, shooting, the skills of basketball, and forget athletic ability. Steph Curry is the most skilled basketball player that has ever lived. His release, as Jake has said, looks like a mistake but it goes in almost 50% of the time. His handle is sick, and he's one of the most underrated (and best) passers in the league.

Curry is a true joy to watch, and he's so good that people sometimes don't notice that Klay Thompson is also a top 10 player in this league. And Golden State has about 7 other 2 way players.

2 way players are the future (and present) of the NBA. For comparison Cleveland only has 1 two way player, a guy named LeBron.

I like Klay, but he's absolutely not a top 10 player.

Lebron is the most popular athlete in the world now. The hatred is smaller than it's ever been.

Hardly. Soccer is way bigger worldwide. Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are both bigger stars worldwide than LeBron will ever be.

Three times as many people watched Chelsea vs. Manchester City this year as watched the Super Bowl. The Champions League Final usually doubles that number.

Michael Jordan was maybe on that tier, but LeBron is not the global brand that "Air Jordan" was/is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom