NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

I heard that they really like Sabonis.
The Raptors at 9 love Sabonis according to Jonathan Wasserman. I think Sabonis is gone and it will be Poetrl and Davis on the board.

Wojo thinks Pau Gasol will be on the Knicks radar now to replace Lopez.

Knicks better be just trying to get the Lopez contract off the book and not wanting Rose long term unless it cheap.

This guy is a walking micro-fracture waiting to happen. Rose is not an elite player anymore. If this is just a 1 year rental okay.

I think the Knicks will look at Gasol and Howard to replace Lopez. However, I want the Nets to waste whatever cap space they have on Howard and continue to suck the next 2 years.

What a horrible decision by the Triangle, lets trade for a guy who is a walking injury.

It's a great business move, even if you don't like it basketball wise.. Rose is a Free Agent after this year. They can see how he produces and then make a decision.

They would have been Stuck with Lopez's contract until 2019.

Now either way, money is cleared for the future to use.

Knicks better be just trying to get the Lopez contract off the book and not wanting Rose long term unless it cheap.

This guy is a walking micro-fracture waiting to happen. Rose is not an elite player anymore. If this is just a 1 year rental okay.

I think the Knicks will look at Gasol and Howard to replace Lopez. However, I want the Nets to waste whatever cap space they have on Howard and continue to suck the next 2 years.

Lopez's contract was a bargain. I'm pretty shocked Chicago was able to get him honestly, and I'm not even a big fan of him. This trade just doesn't make sense for New York unless they purposefully want to be the team described as "They might suck now, but this team would have been pretty nice 5 years ago."

Lopez's contract was a bargain. I'm pretty shocked Chicago was able to get him honestly, and I'm not even a big fan of him. This trade just doesn't make sense for New York unless they purposefully want to be the team described as "They might suck now, but this team would have been pretty nice 5 years ago."

They have to be gearing up for a short term bet, but long term, clearing everything out and rebooting around KP.

Next year should be... interesting.

SteinMo is putting a hold on the Malachi to ATLANTA I heard.

I would let Hofford go but do it Atlanta pay that man his money.

SteinMo is putting a hold on the Malachi to ATLANTA I heard.

I would let Hofford go but do it Atlanta pay that man his money.

That would make some sense.

Don't hate the Knicks deal. If they are keeping Melo, they need a win now piece. Rose is one of those pieces, a huge injury gamble, but that's the only reason he is available and more importantly, available for what the Knicks can offer.

Don't hate the Knicks deal. If they are keeping Melo, they need a win now piece. Rose is one of those pieces, a huge injury gamble, but that's the only reason he is available and more importantly, available for what the Knicks can offer.

This really isn't a win now team, they should be building around porzingas.

This really isn't a win now team, they should be building around porzingas.
Meh. I'm pretty convinced the Knicks will never be homegrown like the Spurs and Warriors who build a nucleus and add talent to it. If it doesn't work, just shed his salary next year and try to get someone else.

If Rose doesn't improve from last year's performance, he isn't a win-now piece. If anything, he dragged the Bulls down. His scoring efficiency was worse than MCW and he doesn't really defend anymore. His WS/48 was one of the worst for any starter at any position all-time (ten times worse than Calderon's was last year). The only way this move makes any sense at all is if the plan is to not have any contracts on the books next year. Let Rose expire and walk, and don't sign anybody else to long-term deals.

Meh. I'm pretty convinced the Knicks will never be homegrown like the Spurs and Warriors who build a nucleus and add talent to it. If it doesn't work, just shed his salary next year and try to get someone else.

I guess, I was really hoping to get Conley.

Conley was never coming to NYK. He's either staying in Memphis or going to San Antonio to be Tony Parkers replacement.

Conley was never coming to NYK. He's either staying in Memphis or going to San Antonio to be Tony Parkers replacement.
I'm really excited for Conley to sign with the Spurs. If people think I'm insufferable now...

Derrick Rose looked stronger towards the tail end of last season than he has in years. Does that mean he's back to his old form? No. But it's a high risk, high reward move by Phil with little downside. He's off the books in a year, so this isn't Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis redux. And the way the salaries balance out, the Knicks still have $30M to play around with this year.

Calderon was dead weight, Grant maybe amounts to a solid backup PG in the league - the showcase he got the last 3 or 4 games of last season now looks like it was a showcase to throw him into a trade. The only real loss was Lopez but I'm sure that Phil has a trick up his sleeve and I liked that he picked up a 2nd rounder because he knows how to use late picks to get some value.

Derrick Rose looked stronger towards the tail end of last season than he has in years. Does that mean he's back to his old form? No. But it's a high risk, high reward move by Phil with little downside. He's off the books in a year, so this isn't Stephon Marbury or Steve Francis redux. And the way the salaries balance out, the Knicks still have $30M to play around with this year.

Calderon was dead weight, Grant maybe amounts to a solid backup PG in the league - the showcase he got the last 3 or 4 games of last season now looks like it was a showcase to throw him into a trade. The only real loss was Lopez but I'm sure that Phil has a trick up his sleeve and I liked that he picked up a 2nd rounder because he knows how to use late picks to get some value.

He did look better, but it's all relative. He went from having one of the worst seasons of all-time to playing really badly relative to other starting PGs at the end of the year. At this point, he's just an inefficient chucker.

Another Wojo bomb

Nets trade Thad Young to the Pacers for the 20th pick and 2017 2nd round pick.

Damn Nets made a good trade. The 20th pick will help their future and they shed Young's contract.

Indy is clearly in win now mode and I guess. The 20th pick wouldn't help them as much as Youn next year but I don't see the contract as good.

Another Wojo bomb

Damn Nets made a good trade. The 20th pick will help their future and they shed Young's contract.

Indy is clearly in win now mode and I guess. The 20th pick wouldn't help them as much as Youn next year but I don't see the contract as good.

Sean Rooks has that Spurs-y GM thing working in Brooklyn. Good for them.

I really like that Pacers team they are building...
...to lose in the EC Semis

Another Wojo bomb

His contract isn't bad at all. Isn't he only getting like $12-13 million for 2 years? That'll look like nothing after you see what free agents get this offseason.