NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

His contract isn't bad at all. Isn't he only getting like $12-13 million for 2 years? That'll look like nothing after you see what free agents get this offseason.

Signed 4/50 last year

Wojo reporting Kevin Durant is giving FA meetings to 6 teams in NYC.
1. OKC huge favorite
2. Golden State
3. San Antonio
4. LA Clippers
5. Boston
6. Miami

No Lakers, Knicks, Wizards.

1. OKC huge favorite
2. Golden State
3. San Antonio
4. LA Clippers
5. Boston
6. Miami

Why is he meeting with those teams in Nyc?

1. OKC huge favorite
2. Golden State
3. San Antonio
4. LA Clippers
5. Boston
6. Miami

I think those are the teams he's meeting with on 7/1; I guess it's possible he could meet with the other teams?
That being said, I didn't think he was going to the Knicks

Tim Duncan exercised his player option...

Question now is:

Did he do it because he wants to play or because he wants to retire and have the NBA pick up the tab?

Tim Duncan exercised his player option...

Question now is:

Did he do it because he wants to play or because he wants to retire and have the NBA pick up the tab?
This move kinda knocked the Spurs out of the Durant sweepstakes. They needed to renounced Duncan's cap hit among other moves to get under the cap 23 million to fit Durant in.

I think Duncan comes back as I doubt he wants his last memories to be that OKC series.

It looks like Dirk could be going to the Golden State Warriors.
DeRozen looks like he is probably staying in Toronto which is shocking.
Conley hasn't tipped his hand but Memphis can give him the most money.

Bill Simmons floated a Justice Winslow for Blake Griffin trade if Durant wanted to go to the Clippers.

This move kinda knocked the Spurs out of the Durant sweepstakes. They needed to renounced Duncan's cap hit among other moves to get under the cap 23 million to fit Durant in.

I think Duncan comes back as I doubt he wants his last memories to be that OKC series.

Bill Simmons floated a Justice Winslow for Blake Griffin trade if Durant wanted to go to the Clippers.

I get that if they get Durant they'd be forced into trading Griffin but that return seems so light to me.

I'd be stunned if Dirk leaves Dallas.

I get that if they get Durant they'd be forced into trading Griffin but that return seems so light to me.

I'd be stunned if Dirk leaves Dallas.
I think Dirk is gone as Dallas is rebuilding and he wants to win another title and Golden State could use in him in the Harrison Barnes role as the 4th option.

If the Clippers had to move Griffin to get Durant they need a salary under 3 million in return. Winslow would be about the best they could do and he would be a wing defender the Clippers lack.

I think Dirk is gone as Dallas is rebuilding and he wants to win another title and Golden State could use in him in the Harrison Barnes role as the 4th option.

If the Clippers had to move Griffin to get Durant they need a salary under 3 million in return. Winslow would be about the best they could do and he would be a wing defender the Clippers lack.

Yeah I guess the salary issues would be there. Someone would have to throw in some picks though. That would take Miami out of the Whiteside running.

I think Dirk is going to be an owner of the Mavs at some point. I'd bet on him staying where he is.

Ten FA predictions...
LeBron stays.
KD ultimately stays but Warriors make it close.. really close!
Dirk stays. Can't see it any other way.
Noah to Knicks.
Gasol to a winner.. say Spurs?
Dwight to hometown Hawks or Beantown. I'll lean C's now and finish his career in ATL. Blazers could sneak in for 1 year though.
Conley will be courted highly, but I say he returns to Memphis (if offered 5th year max), otherwise Mavs.
Horford will be highly sought after but I'll say he goes to Thunder and is reunited with Billy D.
Whiteside to Dallas.
Derozan stays but Lakers make it difficult.

Ten FA predictions...
LeBron stays.
KD ultimately stays but Warriors make it close.. really close!
Dirk stays. Can't see it any other way.
Noah to Knicks.
Gasol to a winner.. say Spurs?
Dwight to hometown Hawks or Beantown. I'll lean C's now and finish his career in ATL. Blazers could sneak in for 1 year though.
Conley will be courted highly, but I say he returns to Memphis (if offered 5th year max), otherwise Mavs.
Horford will be highly sought after but I'll say he goes to Thunder and is reunited with Billy D.
Whiteside to Dallas.
Derozan stays but Lakers make it difficult.

How are the Thunder fitting Horford in if they keep Durant?

Salary dump Kanter and Singler on someone and release Ilyasova and Anthony Morrow. Gets them to about $29 mil in cap space to sign Horford if they do that BEFORE signing Durant (Durant's cap hold is only $26 mil)

The Spurs can still sign Durant. They would just need to make a handful of moves first. Salary dumping Danny Green, cutting Diaw, and letting go of Boban and Bonner gets them to $28 mil in cap space I believe. $26 mil if they don't do the latter two moves.

Salary dump Kanter and Singler on someone and release Ilyasova and Anthony Morrow. Gets them to about $29 mil in cap space to sign Horford if they do that BEFORE signing Durant (Durant's cap hold is only $26 mil)

Ok I guess they could get there, but I don't see it happening.

Do Ilyasova and Morrow have non guaranteed deals?

This is a move to keep Durant and replace Serge.

OKC would still need to move the contracts of a Kanter and a Singler types. Then waive a non-guaranteed guy like Morrow.

They could make it work.

There is a ton of teams with $$$$$ cap space, so there is likely not going to be a ton of player movement. Plus this isn't a great FA class. Next year will be more fun. Better group of FAs.

This is a move to keep Durant and replace Serge.

OKC would still need to move the contracts of a Kanter and a Singler types. Then waive a non-guaranteed guy like Morrow.

They could make it work.

Yeah ok i didn't realize Ilysavoa and Morrow are both on team options. That changes it a little. And Russ is making less than I thought ($17 million). They could make it work.

Ok I guess they could get there, but I don't see it happening.

Do Ilyasova and Morrow have non guaranteed deals?

Yes. OKC has until 7/15 to release them and it would clear roughly $11-12 mil in cap space I believe. I think OKC can get there pretty simply if they choose to.

Yes. OKC has until 7/15 to release them and it would clear roughly $11-12 mil in cap space I believe. I think OKC can get there pretty simply if they choose to.

Yeah that's what I get for not checking salaries before I post. If they could find a taker for Kanter (I would think they could) they should be able to get there.

Noah to the Knicks is almost a lock. I guess Melo is joining the Bulls from 2 years ago.

I guess the Thunder want Horford. What incentive will teams have to help the Thunder clear cap space to sign him though,

Singler/Kanter and renouncing Dion Waiters Bird right would get them the cap space. OKC would have to give future unprotected first round picks to get teams to take their bad contracts.

Noah to the Knicks is almost a lock. I guess Melo is joining the Bulls from 2 years ago.

I guess the Thunder want Horford. What incentive will teams have to help the Thunder clear cap space to sign him though,

Singler/Kanter and renouncing Dion Waiters Bird right would get them the cap space. OKC would have to give future unprotected first round picks to get teams to take their bad contracts.

The Blazers offered Kanter an offer sheet last summer. I bet they can find someone to take his deal without attaching a first rounder

The Blazers offered Kanter an offer sheet last summer. I bet they can find someone to take his deal without attaching a first rounder
They also already sent a 1st rounder to the Jazz in order to acquire him.