NBA Playoffs | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Silver must be giddy. This series followed by Bron/Steph II is going to have a hype train that's out of control.

The finals last year were the most watched since the 98 finals. Averaged a shade under 20 million. 98 finals did 29 million, which I doubt is going to happen in this day and age. But assuming this series goes say 6 games, they should beat last year.

BTW has this playoff run proven Klay Thompson is the Warriors 2nd best player?

I would put Klay just below Paul George in my NBA player rankings.

Klay has definitely impressed me. I still think green is probably better but I could have been off on this one.

I'm still not sure where to rate him. I'm not sure he shines as much as a #1 guy.

He may become one of the all-time great second bananas though.

I'm still not sure where to rate him. I'm not sure he shines as much as a #1 guy.

He may become one of the all-time great second bananas though.

Best all time #2 guys?

Magic before he overtook Kareem?
Pippen with Jordan.
Stockton or Malone?
Maybe David Robinson in like the 98-2000 era?
Kobe of course.

Funny you bring up Chief Wahoo... Have you seen the shirt Bomani wore on ESPN a month or so ago? If you haven't, take a look. I bought it and lets just say I'm white...
Oh, yeah, love Bomani, LeBatard and Poppi. I want one of these ... and I'm caucasian, too ... on the outside. :)

bomani-jones.jpg

Guess russ has to be on that list also? Which brings up the debate of who the #2 banana really is

Guess russ has to be on that list also? Which brings up the debate of who the #2 banana really is

Maybe that's part of the problem down in OKC...

Klay doesn't care that Steph's the lead dog... Might not work with another guy.

As far as the finals I don't see the Cavs winning more than 2 games. I don't think their bigs are going to do better than OKC's did as far as scoring and boarding against GST. Clay and Steph are really clicking, Greene is due to break out, I don't think Cleveland plays as physically as OKC and I expect the finals to be called a little tighter than the WCF were. We'll see though as Cleveland really played well this year and seems to have found some balance Irving/Love/James but still they lost two games to the Raptor's and that was mainly because they had trouble defending Lowry and Derozan . . . . . . . . . . I expect Steph and Thompson to have a huge series.
Respect your opinion, but who's this Clay guy you speak of? Cassius? Dalrymple? Aiken?

Best all time #2 guys?

Pippen with Jordan.
Stockton or Malone?
Kobe of course.
Good list.

I would rank it.
1. Pippen 90-98. He knew his role the entire time.
2. Magic 81-85. He became the Lakers best player after the 1986 season.
3. Kobe 98-01. Even though they won the 2002 title as well I though they were equals in that run. By 2003 the clash of egos hurt the Lakers and 2004 was the end of that run.
4. Robinson 97-03. He knew his role and just Duncan carry the team.
5. McHale 81-87. He never challenged Bird and according Simmons that kept Bird from getting better.

Thompson is a couple of years away from entering the top 5.

I don't see either of them as a 2nd banana. They play ISO too much in the 4th quarter. Westbrook might be better than Durant to be honest. Durant isn't a good defender even though he is 6'10. Westbrook attacks the rim so hard he is almost unstoppable.

Good list.

I would rank it.
1. Pippen 90-98. He knew his role the entire time.
3. Kobe 98-01. Even though they won the 2002 title as well I though they were equals in that run. By 2003 the clash of egos hurt the Lakers and 2004 was the end of that run.
4. Robinson 97-03. He knew his role and just Duncan carry the team.
5. McHale 81-87. He never challenged Bird and according Simmons that kept Bird from getting better.

Thompson is a couple of years away from entering the top 5.

Did some more thinking. It's kind of hard to do this; it's not necessarily just who the best player is. Magic is better than Pippen but I can see the argument for Pippen #1 since he knew his role, like you said.

I'd say Wilt with the Lakers has to be on this list somewhere. Took on a secondary role behind West/Baylor, averaged 18/19/4 assists on 61% shooting in his 5 years in LA, team made 4 finals and won a title.

How about Hondo behind Russell?

Should Wade be in the discussion?

I don't see either of them as a 2nd banana. They play ISO too much in the 4th quarter. Westbrook might be better than Durant to be honest. Durant isn't a good defender even though he is 6'10. Westbrook attacks the rim so hard he is almost unstoppable.

I think Durant has improved tremendously on defense, so I disagree there.

I do agree neither guy is a second banana in the classic way we mean it

Silver must be giddy. This series followed by Bron/Steph II is going to have a hype train that's out of control.
And, as far as Cleveland, the city and the region, after this, the GOP circus comes to town. LeBron hasn't shared his choice for POTUS with me, but I'm not expecting any photo-ops with Donald.

The GOP wanted to hold its convention earlier this year, perhaps as early as June, but settled on July in case the Cavs were in the 2016 finals. Think what you may of LBJ as a player or person, but that's some serious juice to push back a major party presidential convention because you say you're coming home to play hoops.

Best all time #2 guys?

Pippen with Jordan.
Stockton or Malone?
Kobe of course.
I think if a guy eventually became a #1, or was a #1 previously, that takes him out of the running, so to me Magic and Kobe wouldn't count. Stockton and Malone are tough because they're more of a duo, not a first and second banana relationship. I have no idea where to put David Robinson.

I guess I'm basically saying I think Klay Thompson will battle Pippen for his legacy.

That makes Draymond Green into Rodman, which is hilarious.

I think if a guy eventually became a #1, or was a #1 previously, that takes him out of the running, so to me Magic and Kobe wouldn't count. Stockton and Malone are tough because they're more of a duo, not a first and second banana relationship. I have no idea where to put David Robinson.

I guess I'm basically saying I think Klay Thompson will battle Pippen for his legacy.

That makes Draymond Green into Rodman, which is hilarious.

Only problem with that is Pippen was definitely the #1 guy on the 94 Bulls and probably the #1 guy on the Jail Blazers. Pippen is certainly the archetype of the #2 guy though.

I don't remember him being on the Rockets between the Bulls and Portland at all.

Good list.

Magic finished higher than Kareem in NBA MVP voting every single season starting in 1982.

Only problem with that is Pippen was definitely the #1 guy on the 94 Bulls and probably the #1 guy on the Jail Blazers. Pippen is certainly the archetype of the #2 guy though.

I don't remember him being on the Rockets between the Bulls and Portland at all.
Meh.

Cavs gonna get wrecked. Unless maybe if Channing Frye keeps shooting 60% from three against GSW.

I'm hoping the Cavs pull it out though....and maybe Green gets injured or suspended, or something occurs where I don't have to watch his annoying ***. That would be sweet.

Cavs gonna get wrecked. Unless maybe if Channing Frye keeps shooting 60% from three against GSW.

I'm hoping the Cavs pull it out though...and maybe Green gets injured or suspended, or something occurs where I don't have to watch his annoying ***. That would be sweet.

I don't see it. Cavs put up a good fight last year without Irving and Love. I think this one has a good chance of going 7.

I don't see it. Cavs put up a good fight last year without Irving and Love. I think this one has a good chance of going 7.
I think they're gonna get dump trucked.

They're pretenders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom