NBA Playoffs | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Any big star in the west should come east, other than the cavs these teams are a joke.

I dont know what it is about these playoffs, but between the Raptors last play of regulation last night and the Hawks in Game 3 in Boston, what the hell is going on? DO SOMETHING.
Not a fan of the tie game, 10 seconds left, dribble the clock out - step back 3 pointer for the win?

Not a fan of the tie game, 10 seconds left, dribble the clock out - step back 3 pointer for the win?

at least put your head down and get to the basket!
I love 3 pointers as much as anyone, but when any kind of basket wins the game for you, you need to put it on the floor and at least try and collapse the defense before kicking it out

at least put your head down and get to the basket!
I love 3 pointers as much as anyone, but when any kind of basket wins the game for you, you need to put it on the floor and at least try and collapse the defense before kicking it out
Toronto reminds me a lot of Syracuse. They look unbeatable for stretches and then can't score for 5 minutes.

Btw, how good is Valunciunas!? (no clue how to spell his name)

Toronto reminds me a lot of Syracuse. They look unbeatable for stretches and then can't score for 5 minutes.

Btw, how good is Valunciunas!? (no clue how to spell his name)

I honestly think Lowry and DDR are playing scared. I usually don't say stuff like that but man what else is there to say? DeRozan was 2-8 from the line last night?

JV is really solid, he made a ton of huge plays for them

I think Klay Thompson has shown how good an offensive player and all around player he is in this Portland series thus far.
He is better than people wanted to give him earlier in this thread. I would take Klay right now over Melo all around.

Without Steph I think the Warriors win mid 40s to 50 games with their Curry less roster and no replacement.

I think Klay Thompson has shown how good an offensive player and all around player he is in this Portland series thus far.
He is better than people wanted to give him earlier in this thread. I would take Klay right now over Melo all around.

Without Steph I think the Warriors win mid 40s to 50 games with their Curry less roster and no replacement.

To play devil's advocate the Blazers backcourt is pretty bad defensively.

I had said 55 wins without Steph for GSW. 538 predicted a Curry-less roster would win 53.

I had said 55 wins without Steph for GSW. 538 predicted a Curry-less roster would win 53.

That seems high to me but I guess I can't say for sure. For starters, you're taking a 73 win team out of the league. I think last time this came up I was thinking somewhere around 47-52 or so?

Quin Snyder got an extension for the Jazz. There is one I totally missed on. I had a fairly up close and personal look at his tenure at Missouri from living in Kansas City and I thought it was laughable when the Jazz hired him.

Strong move by Budenholzer to go to the hack-a Tristan Thompson. He's Rick Barry compared to Deandre Jordan and Andre Drummond, but Tristan was not-so-much tonight. He was a monster, as usual, on the boards, but he became a liability because of his ft shooting and Lue sat him for the longest stretch, I think the whole fourth quarter.

So, in lieu of TT, Lue went with the ol' vet Channing Frye, the Cavs' consolation prize when they lost out on Joe Johnson. I think the Cavs made out OK, Channing's been playing well, unusually well tonight.

Cavs are playing outstanding team ball -- it all starts with the maestro -- and are really enjoyable .(for me) to watch. A Miami matchup would be fun, buncha great story lines. And then, perhaps, the Warriors or Spurs. I think the Cavs are capable of beating Golden State with Curry, I hope he comes back 'cause he makes the game that much more exciting and because I wouldn't wanna asterisk on Cleveland's first sports championship in 52 years.

Last edited:
Y'all didn't know Steph Curry was playing in Game 3. ...but in a Blazer jersey.

Droppin dimes, droppin dimes

Love Damian -- his game and his spittin'. Loathe those commercials.

Those commercials are fantastic! I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. "No good Clippers!" - They're pretty clever imo.

Also, I'm a State Farm Agent so I may be somewhat biased ha.

Last edited:
Those commercials are fantastic! I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. "No good Clippers!" - They're pretty clever imo.

Also, I'm a State Farm Agent so I may be somewhat biased ha.
If I were a State Farm agent, I'd be irate. I dropped my policy and switched to Geico because of those unwatchable, unlistenable ads (literary license..I switched from State Farm to Geico about 10 years ago...I saw the future and it wasn't pretty).

I cannot get to "mute" and turn my head away fast enough when those ads come on. Every time this one appears, I think of Elvis shooting his TV. I hate to see the ads that actually got rejected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom