NC State's Caleb and Cody Martin transferring to Nevada | Syracusefan.com

NC State's Caleb and Cody Martin transferring to Nevada

yeah they better hope Dennis Smith and the kid who was hurt this year are super duper - kind of feel like Gottfried will be gone if they have another subpar year

They better hope hes Jason Kidd, they are losing Barber and both Martins, they are in a lot of trouble.

Actaully the word for a while has been they wouldn't play that much next year when they get everyone back. I'm not sure this as big of a surprise to the people around the Wolfpack program

Wow, can NC state keep anybody? They either graduate or transfer from there after 1 or 2 season's.
I's sure there are NC St people who say the same thing about SU. HOw many transfers in the last few years?

I's sure there are NC St people who say the same thing about SU. HOw many transfers in the last few years?
Sanctions on the team have played a large part, if not all, on causing all the transfers on this team.

That can not be said about NC State.

how many starters have left Syracuse?

A lot of our transfers, virtually all, have been addition by subtraction in terms of roster management. Yes if we had 13 ships, Obokoh and Joseph and several others would be good keepers, but we just can't afford it. Very different situation than people you thought were going to be big contributors transferring out.

A lot of our transfers, virtually all, have been addition by subtraction in terms of roster management. Yes if we had 13 ships, Obokoh and Joseph and several others would be good keepers, but we just can't afford it. Very different situation than people you thought were going to be big contributors transferring out.
do you mean just recently while we have been sanctioned, or are you trying to make a longer term argument? we have had transfers go on to do very well other places, and it had nothing to do with roster management. it was just players saying F Jb and going elsewhere.

I don't agree with this because, they'd be gone regardless. These guys want and need to showcase their talents to get to the next level and none of them would have had a chance.

Joseph was a top 50 recruit, now has 3 years to show he can play which here he didn't. He does well he should get contracts overseas without issue.

BJ, has a NBA body and playing style. Very young and wasn't going to play, went somewhere where he will have that opportunity to succeed.

Buss, maybe he was a product of lost schollys but he wouldn't have played much either his last couple of years.

Chin, dude came here to play basketball, not sit on the bench and get an education. He doesn't want to be a "program guy who helps the apr". If he did he wouldn't be leaving because at the current count we have a couple of open spots that probably won't be filled.

That's 4 guys in two years and depending on the role Howard had next year and who's coming in, who knows if he is a candidate after next year.

Sanctions on the team have played a large part, if not all, on causing all the transfers on this team.

That can not be said about NC State.
Don't disagree and non were staraters (but at least one may have gottne a lot of playing time this past year). That was not the point. Just saying that on the surface, SU has had a lot of transfers leaving the past few years.

I don't agree with this because, they'd be gone regardless. These guys want and need to showcase their talents to get to the next level and none of them would have had a chance.

Joseph was a top 50 recruit, now has 3 years to show he can play which here he didn't. He does well he should get contracts overseas without issue.

BJ, has a NBA body and playing style. Very young and wasn't going to play, went somewhere where he will have that opportunity to succeed.

Buss, maybe he was a product of lost schollys but he wouldn't have played much either his last couple of years.

Chin, dude came here to play basketball, not sit on the bench and get an education. He doesn't want to be a "program guy who helps the apr". If he did he wouldn't be leaving because at the current count we have a couple of open spots that probably won't be filled.

That's 4 guys in two years and depending on the role Howard had next year and who's coming in, who knows if he is a candidate after next year.

I think you are proving my point - these are guys who, for whatever reason, were not able to contribute at the level expected within the timeframe expected. So them leaving does not hurt the program. Look at the list of people we are recruiting in 2017 and 2018. These are elite level prospects - the recruiting has shifted for those years to a higher level target. Yes KJ was a Top 50 guy and didn't pan out, it happens, but we are recruiting mostly Top 25 guys in 17 and 18 timeframe. Those type of players are almost always very good at the minimum.

But anyway - my main point was that the defections we have seen in the last 2 - 3 years are not an indication of some sort of trouble inside our program like it would appear may be the case at NC State. Our guys who are transferring are leaving because it is in the mutual best interest of them and SU. If we had our full 13 ships then it wouldn't necessarily be in SU's best interests for a guy like BJ to leave. A player who could probably be a solid contributor as a So/Jr and a starter as a Sr. But him not wanting that career arc and deciding to transfer is a reasonable choice for his own best interests and doesn't mean the program has big problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom