NCAA Men's Lax - First Round Day 1 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Men's Lax - First Round Day 1

Why did you guys want OSU to upset Duke? I'd rather play Duke than ND. Now there one less team on the other side that can beat ND.

ND still has to get through Albany and Denver. ND is no more problematic than either of those two teams. Eventually, you've got to play somebody good.

Delmar said:
ND still has to get through Albany and Denver. ND is no more problematic than either of those two teams. Eventually, you've got to play somebody good.

I'm not talking about the other teams. I'm talking about Duke or OSU again at ND if it went that way. Rather Duke play ND than OSU play them.

I'm not talking about the other teams. I'm talking about Duke or OSU again at ND if it went that way. Rather Duke play ND than OSU play them.

If that is your concern, then you will want Denver to play ND.

Delmar said:
If that is your concern, then you will want Denver to play ND.

That is true.

That assumes Denver would not handle either Duke or OSU, and that ND wiil get by Albany.

why

longtimefan said:
That assumes Denver would not handle either Duke or OSU, and that ND wiil get by Albany. .

It assumes the Duke/Denver winner gets ND (yes if they get past Albany). Better chance of one of them to beat ND than OSU.

kcsu said:
why

Duke is better than OSU? Pretty simple.

It assumes the Duke/Denver winner gets ND (yes if they get past Albany). Better chance of one of them to beat ND than OSU.
Denver is still there; so is Albany. ND's path to the FF is hardly clear.

longtimefan said:
Denver is still there; so is Albany. ND's path to the FF is hardly clear.

Doesn't have a thing to do with Duke and OSU and what I said.

Doesn't have a thing to do with Duke and OSU and what I said.
How about this--I think Denver is better than Duke (especially on their home field) so ND wasn't going to have to play Duke anyway.

longtimefan said:
How about this--I think Denver is better than Duke (especially on their home field) so ND wasn't going to have to play Duke anyway.

Again, none of that has to do with my point. Surprised a couple of people struggle with the point.

Simple question. If ND is the best team on the other side that we'd like to avoid, who do you want them to play, if they get by Albany? OSU or Duke/Denver? I'm talking percentages, you're talking opinion

kcsu said:
16-11 pretty simple

Yea, that's what started my comment. Good take.

Again, none of that has to do with my point. Surprised a couple of people struggle with the point.

Simple question. If ND is the best team on the other side that we'd like to avoid, who do you want them to play, if they get by Albany? OSU or Duke/Denver? I'm talking percentages, you're talking opinion
If ND ends up playing Albany, then Denver, what is the difference?

longtimefan said:
If ND ends up playing Albany, then Denver, what is the difference?

Because there is now a chance it can be OSU. I'd rather it be Duke or Denver.

Because there is now a chance it can be OSU. I'd rather it be Duke or Denver.

ND is the least of SU's worries.

JHU is playing essentially a home game and they look much better.

UNC has been an offensive monster all year.

ND is the least of SU's worries.

JHU is playing essentially a home game and they look much better.

UNC has been an offensive monster all year.

Yes, was gonna write this myself earlier this morning. Playing a rejuvenated Hopkins squad basically at home, and then most likely UNC who definitely will be amped to be in the FF. Although I guess those nerves could hurt them. Long road to get to ND, who I would want to play as a revenge game anyway.

Part of my duties as a fan is to remember what I have done that's brought us bad mojo in the past. Last year, I looked past the Bryant game and look where it got us. That whole thing was obviously my fault. :)

So I watched some of the other games this past weekend, but I avoided cheering for upsets that help our potential path. I only focused on Marist and now I'm only focusing on Johns Hopkins.

GoSU96 said:
ND is the least of SU's worries. JHU is playing essentially a home game and they look much better. UNC has been an offensive monster all year.

I'll repeat what I've already said several times. None of that had anything to do with my post. SU has a long ways to go to get to the NCG. But if we do, I can still hope ND gets knocked off on their way to the NCG. Duke or Denver has/had a better chance to do that than OSU. Pretty simple.

JHU is looking like a very different team right now. Their goalie is playing very well and their defense looks much improved from when we played them. In fairness, UVA was a diasaster on both sides of the ball. Wardwell needs to get hot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom