NCAA Responds to UNC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Responds to UNC

I just don't understand the argument that this is not an athletic issue but an academic issue. The problem with this argument is there are NCAA eligibility requirements for the teams overall average GPA. So it is an NCAA athletic issue by their own rules. So I am surprised by how long it has taken for the NCAA to respond at all!

Dave85 said:
I just don't understand the argument that this is not an athletic issue but an academic issue. The problem with this argument is there are NCAA eligibility requirements for the teams overall average GPA. So it is an NCAA athletic issue by their own rules. So I am surprised by how long it has taken for the NCAA to respond at all!

Agreed, and if they had even one player each year that was kept eligible by taking one of these fake classes, they should have to forfeit every game that an intelligible player participated in over the past 18 years. Holy cow.

Agreed, and if they had even one player each year that was kept eligible by taking one of these fake classes, they should have to forfeit every game that an intelligible player participated in over the past 18 years. Holy cow.

...which is precisely why the NCAA has been desperate to bury their head in the sand instead of digging further.

The sports media / public didn't allow that to happen, and has actually held the NCAA accountable, which is why you are seeing this escalate.

...which is precisely why the NCAA has been desperate to bury their head in the sand instead of digging further.

The sports media / public didn't allow that to happen, and has actually held the NCAA accountable, which is why you are seeing this escalate.
It is just amazing that they can spend 8 years digging for every last tiny morsel of evidence of breaking the rules at Syracuse and then hammer SU, but then when they have an investigation that is quite easy to put together, they want to walk away from it. I drives me nuts. And Roy is all like "Golly gee, we are going to be just fine fellas. It was all the women's team."

It is just amazing that they can spend 8 years digging for every last tiny morsel of evidence of breaking the rules at Syracuse and then hammer SU, but then when they have an investigation that is quite easy to put together, they want to walk away from it. I drives me nuts. And Roy is all like "Golly gee, we are going to be just fine fellas. It was all the women's team."

Agreed. I know I already stated this above, but the part that grinds my gears is that the dullard in charge of the NCAA, Mark Emmert, would publically condescend to suggest that the NCAA shouldn't get involved because of X reason and are washing their hands of the investigation, while conveniently overlooking the other reasons why it is mandatory for them to investigate.

Selective. Arbitrary. Capricious.

Agreed. I know I already stated this above, but the part that grinds my gears is that the dullard in charge of the NCAA, Mark Emmert, would publically condescend to suggest that the NCAA shouldn't get involved because of X reason and are washing their hands of the investigation, while conveniently overlooking the other reasons why it is mandatory for them to investigate.

agreed. the NCAA are a bunch of SACs

My thoughts exactly!!!!

Meanwhile Duke handed out the player's annual haul of $100,000 diamond swag and when the NCAA asked where everyone got the swag, K told them to piss off. In response the NCAA sent a notice of inquiry to Cuse asking about the premium lox they served to Quade Green with the bagel he had on his official.

I could have sworn that the second NOA that came out was the response to the second report filed by UNC-CHeat which listed additional violations they discovered. I don't think it was a rescission of the fist NOA; it was an addendum.

Thanks Hoo Esq. (I presume) for adding the word "rescission" to my legal vocabulary. That term doesn't come up much in criminal court to my knowledge.

;)

thumbnail_48207.jpg