NCAA Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Thoughts

wvlax

2nd String
Despite our win over Carolina there is still plenty of work to be done especially with a RPI of 13. An RPI of 13 will not do much in terms of impressing the selection committee. Obviously taking care of Binghamton is a start but I feel we have to win at least one game in the ACC tournament and beat Colgate. Even doing may not be enough. Also, there are some big games down the stretch not directly involving Cuse that would help boost our NCAA resume.Including Duke beating Marquette Friday (big game for Duke), Virginia beating Brown and Notre Dame defeating Army.

Despite our win over Carolina there is still plenty of work to be done especially with a RPI of 13. An RPI of 13 will not do much in terms of impressing the selection committee. Obviously taking care of Binghamton is a start but I feel we have to win at least one game in the ACC tournament and beat Colgate. Even doing may not be enough. Also, there are some big games down the stretch not directly involving Cuse that would help boost our NCAA resume.Including Duke beating Marquette Friday (big game for Duke), Virginia beating Brown and Notre Dame defeating Army.

Good post, I think you have outlined it correctly. I think the ND vs Army game is good for SU either way due to their win over Army. I don't see Duke losing to Marquette, this is when Danowski teams really turn it on. Don't forget Albany is continuing to dominate its conference and has a huge game against Yale this Saturday, that win continues to look better and better.

The key for SU is to take care of business. If they blow out Bingo and Colgate (which honestly they should) that puts SU at 9 wins regardless of how the ACC tourney shakes out. It would be pretty hard for the committee to keep out a 9-5 SU team (assuming we lost to UNC) with wins over Albany, Army, UVA, and UNC.

I really hope Bryant wins their conference tournament because their resume appears to be "at-large worthy" with a good RPI (better than SU's) and a top 5 victory over Brown.

so would the NCAA take an unranked bryant over a top 10 ranked SU? i wonder if the parity of Lax is making it close to the time to redo the selection process?

cornell could win out now and probably be top 15 and they wont even make the ivy tournament without some crazy stuff happening.

Also, there are some big games down the stretch not directly involving Cuse that would help boost our NCAA resume.Including Duke beating Marquette Friday (big game for Duke)

Was going to try and get to Durham after work Friday. You telling me I have to walk into Koskinen Stadium and back the Devils?

I need new Friday evening plans.

I really hope Bryant wins their conference tournament because their resume appears to be "at-large worthy" with a good RPI (better than SU's) and a top 5 victory over Brown.

I don't see Bryant getting an at large, the Brown win is obviously a real nice win but outside of that there's not much there save for a win over Harvard who has been up and down all year. They lost to St. Joes this past weekend and have Hobart this Saturday. Root for Hobart to win that game as it will end whatever slim hopes they have for an at large. Either way I can't see them getting an at large as if they don't win their conf tournament they will have 5 losses and assuming that they lose to St. Joes again I don't see anyway the committee puts them in over a blue blood.

so would the NCAA take an unranked bryant over a top 10 ranked SU? i wonder if the parity of Lax is making it close to the time to redo the selection process?

cornell could win out now and probably be top 15 and they wont even make the ivy tournament without some crazy stuff happening.

Cornell has Brown this weekend, Brown is an awful matchup for them, I expect the mini run they are on to come to an end. Though them beating Brown probably actually helps SU but at this point we don't need anyone making a run for an at large or winning the conf tourney who is out right now. A loss to Brown on Saturday effectively ends their season.

What would help SU is Army or Navy winning the PL title. We don't want Loyola or Bucknell because right now only Navy is getting an at large from that conference. Army winning would boost our own numbers based on our win over them, and should help our RPI and SOS. Though playing Carolina again should bump both those numbers anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom