NCst the never too early for a tailgate thread thread (mods plz pin) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCst the never too early for a tailgate thread thread (mods plz pin)

cool Justin sounds like you got most of the beverages covered, great. I'll just bring another cooler of beer and we should be all set with drinks. Tomcat thanks for offering and how about you break in that new grill and be the burger meister? Thanks man. I'll bring the burgs (with cheese slices) to cook (probably around 40 right now, could you bring 40 buns?). On my grill I'm going to be doing the brats, dogs and coneys and will need to heat up the pasta and sausage dishes I'm sure a bit.

I plan on getting there around 11:15, and will try and set up a heated tent if the conditions allow, which is going to be fun with the horrendous weather predicted right now. The wind may not allow this to happen so we'll see. I'll get the apps cheese/pepperonini/ crackers, chips/pretzels and dips set up, get the grill fired up and dogs/brats/coneys going, will give the burgers to Tomcat to get going around noon and the wife will be showing up right around then with the trays of food.

Will of course get the table of condiments, plates, etc up and hopefully things stay put. Going to be an interesting day...

To bad this game wasnt this past Saturday as the weather for Saturday is looking worse and worse. Calling for heavy winds and a high of 39 right now. Initially I was thinking we would be OK if we just put out an APB for canopies but with the wind not sure thats going to be possible. Fingers crossed the weather forecast improves as the week progresses

I am in for at least two. Possibly another 2-3 more depending on how things work out.

Update on the Southern Tier contingent:
Consigliere - 1
Cajun Cuse (posted above) - 3
CuseHazard - 2
JRGGalu - 2
giacofan - 1

Last edited:
JeremyCuse said:
To bad this game wasnt this past Saturday as the weather for Saturday is looking worse and worse. Calling for heavy winds and a high of 39 right now. Initially I was thinking we would be OK if we just put out an APB for canopies but with the wind not sure thats going to be possible. Fingers crossed the weather forecast improves as the week progresses

Weather is improving somewhat. Mid 40s now and just AM showers but still looking windy.

Weather is improving somewhat. Mid 40s now and just AM showers but still looking windy.

Good call was just about to send you the same thing. Temps are up 7-8 degrees from earlier this week. Still concerned about the high winds making canopies a rare site on Saturday.

In for 2. May be more. I'll post again if there are add ons.

if you guys get you're parking figured out and it's an easy deal for you guys to get over to us with stuff then good and bring your Jamba and crafty beer (that Jambalaya sound great). But if, on the other hand and one of the reasons we created this, if it's too difficult to get things there then pay the cash for each person and don't worry about it. We'll have ample supplies and you make the call and let me know.

Hi Mark. More newbies here, 2 from CNY, possibly 3 more from Maine. They have a parents Skytop parking pass, do you know if we all park at Skytop could we catch an early shuttle down to Fine to join?

Thanks, Cen

Hi Mark. More newbies here, 2 from CNY, possibly 3 more from Maine. They have a parents Skytop parking pass, do you know if we all park at Skytop could we catch an early shuttle down to Fine to join?

Thanks, Cen

Melissa welcome to the board, the first shuttle leaves 2 hours prior to the game up at Skytop. I highly recommend you arrive by 1245pm or so and catch the first one at 1pm. Print out a campus map attached. You will have a nice walk through campus (About 7-8 city blocks) The bus drops you off on College Place (Between Sims and Lyman Hall). Walk across the Quad. Walk around the Dome. Be sure to do the "Foot Stomp" between the ribs of the Dome wall. The tailgate is in the Fine Lot (3 blocks West of the Dome). It will be located where you see the "W" in West on the map linked below.

http://carrierdome.com/media/documents/2014/7/2014_Overall_Parking_for_FB__BB.pdf

Melissa welcome to the board, the first shuttle leaves 2 hours prior to the game up at Skytop. I highly recommend you arrive by 1245pm or so and catch the first one at 1pm. Print out a campus map attached. You will have a nice walk through campus (About 7-8 city blocks) The bus drops you off on College Place (Between Sims and Lyman Hall). Walk across the Quad. Walk around the Dome. Be sure to do the "Foot Stomp" between the ribs of the Dome wall. The tailgate is in the Fine Lot (3 blocks West of the Dome). It will be located where you see the "W" in West on the map linked below.

http://carrierdome.com/media/documents/2014/7/2014_Overall_Parking_for_FB__BB.pdf

Cool, I'll do it Saturday.

Guys does anyone have an extra for Saturday? Got notice of an unexpected addition for the game Saturday. Thanks!

Guys does anyone have an extra for Saturday? Got notice of an unexpected addition for the game Saturday. Thanks!
think I got one for ya jeremy. Will check when I get home later.

Thanks so much! See you Saturday. Count us in for 5!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom