Never too early for some UNC pregame thoughts! | Syracusefan.com

Never too early for some UNC pregame thoughts!

jekelish

Living Legend
UNC is huge. Like, Billy Fucillo HUUUUUUGE.

One stat I found particularly interesting, with regard to UNC's size and a player who needs to step up for SU: in the last four games, Michael Gbinije has had 10, 9, 11, 2, 8, and 3 rebounds. Four of those games were wins. Two were losses. Take a wild guess as to which ones were the losses.

Silent G neeeeeeds to hit the glass hard against this UNC team. They start 6-1, 6-6, 6-8, 6-9, 6-9 and out-rebound their opponents by nearly 10 boards per game, while averaging just under 16 offensive rebounds per game.

http://.com/no-rest-for-the-weary-su-takes-on-north-carolina/

I might be delusional, but I feel better about our chances in this game than I did about the Miami game.

I don't know who is going to step up (beside Rak), but I think we're going to win this one. The possible fatigue factor might throw a monkey wrench into my optimism.

UNCheat is going to be a tough game... Not sure what to think of them this season, but as a UVa fan, they scare me more than UL or Duke... Your Cuse big men are going to have to play even bigger... Pound the ball inside and hope to get them in foul trouble??? Cooney has to have a great game outside and the foul shooting will definitely be crucial... Yes, I know, this wasn't anything anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge wouldn't say... Definitely going to be pulling for Cuse though...

It is weird...UVA is the quietest #2 team ever...really limited hype. UVA will need to make the FF this year IMHO for folks to start to notice them.

I might be delusional, but I feel better about our chances in this game than I did about the Miami game.

I don't know who is going to step up (beside Rak), but I think we're going to win this one. The possible fatigue factor might throw a monkey wrench into my optimism.

Got to agree with you. Walking out of the Dome yesterday I firmly believed we had a better chance to beat UNC than Miami. ;)

UNC is banged up. Five players injured and not playing. Hope we have the stamina to last after a quick turnaround following the Florida State game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom