New AD Candidate from a Source close to the situation... | Syracusefan.com

New AD Candidate from a Source close to the situation...

Ish88888

All American
Football and LaCrosse star Jeff Lowe. Cuse guy all the way and has done well in business and law. A few people in the know have mentioned this option. Thoughts?:) Go Cuse!

Judging from his Facebook he's more of a Bama fan than an SU fan these days.

I think IthacaBarrel nailed this in the other thread. The ideal candidate should be an AD at a smaller school who's run an athletic department and is ready to step up to the bigs, or a rising star 2nd guy at a P5 school who has a proven track record and is ready to take over the reins at a P5 school of his own.

Football and LaCrosse star Jeff Lowe. Cuse guy all the way and has done well in business and law. A few people in the know have mentioned this option. Thoughts?:) Go Cuse!
Jeff is good peeps.

Judging from his Facebook he's more of a Bama fan than an SU fan these days.
As one of his "friends", you would know.
At least his daughter (?) still sports Orange.

Can we stop with all the former SU athletes who have no AD experience? There's less than 1% chance that Jeff Lowe would get an interview

would make zero sense. zero. Last I heard he was a real estate attorney in Atlanta. Just strange. The position will have a ton of viable options, do the search and interviews and hire the best candidate t won't be Jeff Lowe

What about John Swofford? The ACC gets rid of him as commissioner and you guys get an AD.

marrone's agent thinks lowe's camp is being a wee bit ridiculous here. i don't doubt that's what you heard but c'mon

1263562468_snooki-situation-290.jpg

I hope this isn't the source close to The Situation.

FYI, he was spotted at the diner down the road from me this past weekend. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

Can I say this just one more time?

WE DON'T NEED OR WANT AN ALUMNI FOR THE AD JOB.

Thank you.
I agree with your thought, but if there is a QUALIFIED alumnus lurking in the weeds somewhere, I wouldn't want to automatically disqualify him. Some of the names being thrown around are nice guys -- Orangemen -- but that doesn't make them good AD candidates.