New Bills QB of the Future | Syracusefan.com

New Bills QB of the Future

xc84

Living Legend
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Buffalo Bills are hosting former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears quarterback Josh McCown on a visit Monday and attempting to sign the veteran.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...empting_to_sign_josh_mccown.html#incart_river

american_footballer_futuristic_by_ptitvinc-d5hyqg4.jpg

Last edited:
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Buffalo Bills are hosting former Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Chicago Bears quarterback Josh McCown on a visit Monday and attempting to sign the veteran.

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...empting_to_sign_josh_mccown.html#incart_river

american_footballer_futuristic_by_ptitvinc-d5hyqg4.jpg

Not at all surprised to see that. I thought that was a serious possibility. I didn't say it on here - so you'll have to trust me. :) Obviously, McCown won't save the world but at least he has some experience I guess.

orangejunkie said:
like the Bills updates. Lots of Bills fans on this forum.
as a fins fan they make me wanna vomit

JeremyCuse said:
The bills were discussed on this forum long before Doug Marrone was the HC and they will be talked about on here long after.
what other sports fourm is for, no?

I feel bad for Bills fans. Their one missing piece happens to be the most significant.
It's so bad that i'm actively rooting for Buffalo to sign Sanchez. Unless we make a trade for someone, i'm thinking the best chance we have is with him.

It's so bad that i'm actively rooting for Buffalo to sign Sanchez. Unless we make a trade for someone, i'm thinking the best chance we have is with him.

There are very few options unfortunately, even begging Orton to come back out of retirement still seems like one of the better options to me.

There are very few options unfortunately, even begging Orton to come back out of retirement still seems like one of the better options to me.
Im done with Orto, especially in Roman's offense where the QB might actually have to move at some point. I think Sanchez is a perfect fit as he plays well when you dont ask him to throw 30-40 times per game.

Why would Sanchez be a better option than McCown?

If Tampa has Mike Glennon on the block (like reports say he is) every team in need of a QB should be knocking on their door. I know trades can't take place for a few more weeks but give a conditional mid-round pick for Glennon. I would want no part of Sanchez, McCown or any of those scrubs who are FA's. Take a shot on a young guy with a big arm, good size and enough of a sample size in game play over 2 years now who has shown he isn't totally awful and has had moments where he has looked very very good!

Dabbles into Bills, Jets, and Gints...all ok in my book.

Sanchez is still somewhat young and not McCown is 35 with like 5 good games played amongst a career of awfulness.

Didn't realize McCown was that old. However, signing Sanchez is the equivalent of giving up before the season even starts.