Class of 2015 - New Commit: Bradley Voigt, (NY:Penn Yan), Attack | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 New Commit: Bradley Voigt, (NY:Penn Yan), Attack

Penn Yan? Now you know it's getting bad on the hill.

(jk)

Not a full ride. Whiteyyyy, your killing me haha. I'm honestly shocked that more kids from PY haven't went orange. Whole town is full of SU fans. We've sent kids to penn state, gtown, army, navy, duke, and I think I missed one or two. Hopefully we can make this a regular thing

division 1 men's lax rules allow for only 12.5 scholarships per college or university. This is one of the reasons for the current lacrosse parity; a private school like Syracuse needs to work hard to combine academic need scholarship monies with partial scholarships to get high quality recruits.
S.U. has 2 important advantages though that help balance it's costs of tuition:
  • Since CNY is a hotbed of high school lacrosse; numerous children of employees are able to get free tuition as an HR benefit.
  • Haudenosaunee Promise; a scholarship dedicated to Native American students; it covers tuition, room and board.

Not a full ride. Whiteyyyy, your killing me haha. I'm honestly shocked that more kids from PY haven't went orange. Whole town is full of SU fans. We've sent kids to penn state, gtown, army, navy, duke, and I think I missed one or two. Hopefully we can make this a regular thing
i kid i kid...:rolling:

division 1 men's lax rules allow for only 12.5 scholarships per college or university. This is one of the reasons for the current lacrosse parity; a private school like Syracuse needs to work hard to combine academic need scholarship monies with partial scholarships to get high quality recruits.
S.U. has 2 important advantages though that help balance it's costs of tuition:
  • Since CNY is a hotbed of high school lacrosse; numerous children of employees are able to get free tuition as an HR benefit.
  • Haudenosaunee Promise; a scholarship dedicated to Native American students; it covers tuition, room and board.

How many SU employees have kids that can play Div 1 LAX?

How many SU employees have kids that can play Div 1 LAX?
I know of at least 2 (one kid played on the men's team and tge other will play on the women's team).

Both employees happen to be lax head coaches on the hill. :)

There have been multiple all-Americans and players that played key rolls in national championships through the years that have taken advantage of tuition exchange. Off the top of my head... Bill and Brian Tully, Nick Licameli, Doug Jackson and Tim Desko to name a few. It has been a nice little advantage through the years, not only for all-Americans but for added depth and roll players.

I know of at least 2 (one kid played on the men's team and tge other will play on the women's team).

Both employees happen to be lax head coaches on the hill. :)

SU should just hire everybody that lives in either the West Genny or J-D school district. :p

Crafty he reminds me of Josh Dionne! he plays Club ball for Sweetlax, the club is fast becoming a production line for Cuse recruits! I see Megill signed up as a coach the other day, Lecky, Maltz, Harris and Weston already coaches for the program! I hope we look at Travis Ford from Webster Thomas, NY good solid Middie my team played them in the summer!

Last edited:
Kid is already 19 and still doing a PG year. I have heard of this happening a lot lately. He will certainly be a mature Freshman when he gets to SU.

What would make someone go this route? Another year to touch up his lax skills? Couldn't he have done that at SU? does he lose a year of eligibility?

What would make someone go this route? Another year to touch up his lax skills? Couldn't he have done that at SU? does he lose a year of eligibility?

Grades?

Salisbury is like Milford for football preps.

Voigt will still have 4 years when he gets here for 2015-16.