Class of 2017 - New Commit: Connor Nelson A/M, (NY: New Hartford) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Connor Nelson A/M, (NY: New Hartford)

http://laxmagazine.com/high_school/...aising_red_flags_on_the_club_lacrosse_circuit

Connor Nelson recognizes the advantages a club could hold for him. The rising sophomore at New Hartford (N.Y.) High wants to one day wear Syracuse's No. 1 jersey like his father, 2013 National Hall of Fame inductee Tim Nelson.

"I'm more excited than anything to see what the future holds for me," he said. "I'm kind of worried too. You don't know if colleges are going to want you."

New Hartford is known more for its baseball program. College lacrosse coaches aren't exactly lining up to see a team that has won one Section 3 title in school history. That's why he's looking for the right club experience.

http://3drising.com/articles/recruiting/orange-crush-recruiting-showcase-standouts

Connor Nelson, Attack, New Hartford (N.Y.), 2017

Nelson had an excellent showing at the Orange Crush event as a high IQ quarterback attackman with vision and the ability to put passes on the money. Maybe inheriting some good genes from his relatives, Nelson easily emerged as one of the best then-uncommitted players in the 2017 group. He lit it up for several points in each chunk of games I caught. He registered two goals and an assist in one viewing, two assists in another, and then a slick behind-the-back goal to show he’s able to make the high-level play around the crease. He’s fundamentally sound in how he carries, protecting the stick well and operating with it up around his ear when looking to make feeds. He’s not a huge kid, but look at his stat line from last season: 43 goals and 46 assists as a sophomore. He’s got a lot of upside and should be a player to watch out of the Utica area for the next two seasons.

Great to have a Nelson back on campus!

image.png

Yeah, but W'boro... New Hartford. ;)

Go Whitesboro.
Trust me, I felt kind of dirty creating this thread lol

The MOVA is hardly a Lax hotbed but will be decently represented in Orange in the coming years with Farrell & then Nelson & Lucas Quinn (son of a W'boro native) coming in '17.

I've also heard very good things about a 2018 goalie, Devin Lee, from Clinton :eek: Scroll down a bit in that 3drising link for a write-up.

113 points this year so far, going to look good in Orange!

give me his 40 time. right now the attack guys all seem slow. we need a burner to race ,ride and kill clock.

Biggest concern I have heard from those very familiar with Nelson and the CNY lax scene is that he has dominated against mediocore to bad teams but has been held in check/struggled in the big games. I think he is definitely headed toward a redshirt year.

NYSSWA boys lacrosse all-state team, 2017

Small schools

FOURTH TEAM
Thomas Chai Rye Country Day-AIS Sr. Attack
Connor Nelson New Hartford-3 Sr. Attack
Reggie Buell Skaneateles-3 Sr. Attack
Cole Barnard Locust Valley-8 Sr. Midfielder
Jack Pemrick Greenwich-2 Sr. Midfielder
Eddie Perlstein Lynbrook-8 Sr. Midfielder
Ethan Rall Islip-11 Jr. Midfielder
Weylon Abrams Akron-6 Jr. Defense
Jack Gilmartin Westhill-3 Sr. Defense