Class of 2017 - New Commit: Dami Oladunmoye (IL) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Dami Oladunmoye (IL) Mid

Dami Oladunmoye, Midfield, Grayslake (Ill.)/Team ONE, 2017
Dami created quite a buzz and was the biggest standout player within this 2017s this past weekend. He not only possessed the skill set of a Division I two-way middie, but also exuded strong leadership throughout the training and games. Oladunmoye – a young '17, at only 15 years old – has superior athletic attributes to others in his class. He is still somewhat raw, but has tremendous upside. He was able to get separation most times he dodged and he showed power on his shots, especially a few times when he got his feet set in some of the training. Showing what he can do in the middle of the field, one of his highlight plays saw him sprint up the field to catch a clearing player; he then halted him, drove him back and then knocked the ball carrier to the ground, coming up with the ball and setting offense back up for his team. He brings a lot to the table. On top of his two-way play, Oladunmoye’s explosive movements and ability to score and feed will make him a fun player to watch throughout the rest of his high school career. He is also a standout football player.

http://rising.3dlacrosse.com/3d-rising/3d-blue-chip-midwest-camp-standouts

I got jack on this one. Wonder if this is one of those recruits that's under the radar big time. Hope he actually makes it here, a lot of times these kind of recruits never make it to campus

image.jpg

Love that it speaks of his speed and physicality in the anecdote from the scrimmage.

15? Darn. Kid's got a rifle with either hand.

I got jack on this one. Wonder if this is one of those recruits that's under the radar big time. Hope he actually makes it here, a lot of times these kind of recruits never make it to campus
Yeah, never good to hear about a lax commit who is a standout football player as well - Mullins is the exception.

Dami Oladunmoye's five TDs lead Grayslake North to first playoff win

Grayslake North football fans can make a Knight of it on Saturday

Football: Confident Grayslake North expecting another big run

"What's fact is that Oladunmoye is an all-state-caliber player. In his second varsity season but first as the team's featured running back, the senior rushed for 1,850 yards and 26 touchdowns. He remains verbally committed to Syracuse for lacrosse"

Lacrosse or Football!!! Babers, are you seeing what I'm seeing? dual...

"What's fact is that Oladunmoye is an all-state-caliber player. In his second varsity season but first as the team's featured running back, the senior rushed for 1,850 yards and 26 touchdowns. He remains verbally committed to Syracuse for lacrosse"

Playing two sports at SU is not unheard of but is extremely difficult. Brandon Mullins who just graduated was a 5 star Linebacker from Texas who turned down multiple power 5 offers including ND to play Lax at SU. I dont' believe Desko was to keen on him playing fball here. If Dami has interest in trying to play both he certainly should speak with Desko and then the fball staff if there is mutual interest.

Playing two sports at SU is not unheard of but is extremely difficult. Brandon Mullins who just graduated was a 5 star Linebacker from Texas who turned down multiple power 5 offers including ND to play Lax at SU. I dont' believe Desko was to keen on him playing fball here. If Dami has interest in trying to play both he certainly should speak with Desko and then the fball staff if there is mutual interest.
Held out hope Mullins would play his 5th year for Dino. That MLL salary must have been to enticing to turn down.

Held out hope Mullins would play his 5th year for Dino. That MLL salary must have been to enticing to turn down.

I wonder if his knee injury played a role in that decision. He's a few years removed from the injury but being 5 years removed from football plus the injury was probably to much to overcome.

I'd prepare for the possibility to lose him as a lax player. Happened to the kid from CA that went to Cal. Full ride in football beats partial in lax.

I'd prepare for the possibility to lose him as a lax player. Happened to the kid from CA that went to Cal. Full ride in football beats partial in lax.
Well we didn't lose him, so that's great news. Hopefully his career turns out like the other great football player, turned full time laxer we just had.