Class of 2018 - New Commit: Justin Kim (NJ) Midfield Signed | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Justin Kim (NJ) Midfield Signed

Justin Kim ’18, M, Don Bosco Prep (N.J.)
Andrew Kim ’18, M, Don Bosco Prep (N.J.)
These “Twin Towers” caught my eye right off the bat in Monday’s opening session, standing out more than any other middies that I had yet to see (word is that they don’t play club ball). They’re each about 6’3 and 185 pounds, gliding down the field, playing both ways and often acting as one-man clears. When given the opportunity, they canned stepdown shots and showed strong decision-making in transition.

http://recruitingrundown.com/2015/07/10/2018-and-2017-standouts-from-maverik-showtime/

Wow. 2018 ... freshmen and they're 6'3 at middie. Can you guys fill me in about this duo ... seems like a pretty big pickup. What does it mean that they "don't play club ball"?

Justin so far...

IMG_0882.PNG

Interesting that this is his first year with double digit points, wondering if he was hurt last year.
No. Both were healthy last year
Justin saw decent time while Andrew time was limited.. Far from finished products but good feet for their size, 6'4 210 n their skillsets are improving. Both played on 1st line this year n I believe both finished this season in the low 20's in goals n low 10's in assists. Their best game ironically was agaisnt one of their strongest opponents. Numbers modest to date but they could be decent college players in time given their physical tools

No. Both were healthy last year
Justin saw decent time while Andrew time was limited.. Far from finished products but good feet for their size, 6'4 210 n their skillsets are improving. Both played on 1st line this year n I believe both finished this season in the low 20's in goals n low 10's in assists. Their best game ironically was agaisnt one of their strongest opponents. Numbers modest to date but they could be decent college players in time given their physical tools
What do you think they're are being projected as offensive middies?
Cause they have size to play the ssdm...but I don't know what their stick skills are and so on...

Notre Dame seems to have a lot of these guys. Big time athletes with strength, size and speed. It makes sense to get some and develop them. Syracuse was able to get twins, so that's double good!

Syracuse seems to be going with bigger SSDMs recently. They had some smaller guys like, Jenkins, Pratt, Messina, Grimm was smallish. Now it looks like they're trying to get bigger with Hutchings, the Kims. Sullivan has pretty good size, plus Ciferri, Gillis, Schwasnick, Dearth.

What do you think they're are being projected as offensive middies?
Cause they have size to play the ssdm...but I don't know what their stick skills are and so on...
Not sure as still developing. Strength gains will come , sticks can always be improve but open question is speed.

the thing I notice about these tow is how big they are. we need to get bigger at midfield
Yup! Even if they are raw on offense, which it appears they might be due to the relatively low scoring numbers, get some big bodies in at midfield will do Cuse wonders. Plug them in on the wings, and D-mid or if they can develop those offensive skills look out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom