Class of 2017 - New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Ty Xanders‏@tyxanders·3 mins
Niskayuna (N.Y.) 2017 middie Lucas Quinn has made a commitment to Syracuse. A lot of elite offensive talent for the Silver Warriors.

ILPreps ‏@ILPreps 3m
Syracuse got its 1st 2017 commitment this weekend: Lucas Quinn, M, Niskayuna (NY) picks the Orange. Standout mid for the Albany Power club.

Last edited:
he's a rising freshman or current freshman? that seems awfully young.
I believe he's a current freshman. Sophmore year ends 2015, Junior year ends 2016, Senior year ends 2017

It is awfully young and it is only going to get worse before it gets better. Rumor from the IL guys has an 8th grader committing in the next couple of weeks. Committing in general, not necessarily to SU.

ugh, hate it.
Ugh, agree. I know you have to keep up with the Jones', but this is really a disappointing development. It'll probably take some huge whiffs by some high-profile teams to make them back off on this practice a bit. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

ugh, hate it.

Part of the process now unfortunately, UNC and JHU are going younger and younger forcing the hands of Syracuse/Duke and UVA. I wouldnt expect it to become Syracuse's norm but its something we obviously have to do now.

Ugh, agree. I know you have to keep up with the Jones', but this is really a disappointing development. It'll probably take some huge whiffs by some high-profile teams to make them back off on this practice a bit. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Some of them allready have taken a hit from doing this stuff the past couple years but now schools like UNC and JHU are going even younger. For Syracuse its all about balance, offering some younger but trying to keep it more towards Sophs/Juniors if at all possible.

If the Gaits wanted to commit as HS Frosh, would you have told them you weren't interested?

If the Gaits wanted to commit as HS Frosh, would you have told them you weren't interested?

I understand the point your trying to make but not sure thats a fair comparision especially when a lot of these kids havent played a game at the varsity level yet.

If he committed to Hopkins or UVa, we'd be bitching that desko got outrecruited again. :D

One things for sure we haven't been getting out recruited for this past years class and moving forward. 2016 look absolutely loaded and 2014/2015 aren't exactly slouches.

Not recruiting the Thompsons had nothing to do with academics!

Not recruiting the Thompsons had nothing to do with academics!
Whatever the reasons were, I'll admit I am not an expert on them. My nephew played and graduated with the Thompsons at LaFayette, so if I really wanted to I could get the inside information. I know your son played there as well. Whatever the reasons, they are well documented here! Given how their career is shaking out, it is a dang crying shame they are not at SU.

Swish7 I totally agree whatever the reason I wanted them at Cuse also! I think the Cuse way of recruiting is great, they want people who want to go to Cuse and want to wear the Orange! I think contact wasn't made enough though and the brothers decided to join their cousin who they had lived with whilst at Salmon River! I guess they wanted to do something different and build a new program! Shame but has worked out for them and would have hated them to end up riding the pine or for them not to be showcasing their skills somewhere in the NCAA!

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/maverik-showtime-2017-2016-standouts/29153

Lucas Quinn, M, Niskayuna (N.Y.) — Syracuse’s first verbal in the 2017 class, Quinn is coming off of a really nice freshman season with the state semifinalist Silver Warriors out of the Albany area. He’ll need to touch up his game and try not to force too much at times, but he’s very impressive; likes to get his body into his man but also play the finesse game when the time is right, creating his own shots and contributing with either hand.