Class of 2017 - New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Lucas Quinn (NY:Nisky) Mid

Sweetlax 2017 win at Lake Placid and Lucas Quin wins MVP!
image.jpg

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...hoto-gallery-scholastic-winners-crowned/29378

Boys U15: SweetLax 8, Long Island Express Orange 6

SweetLax finished up the weekend at 5-0, capping their undefeated run with an 8-6 win in the U15 championship over the Long Island Express Orange, which had yet to lose until the final contest.

Lucas Quinn (Niskayuna, N.Y./Syracuse) scored four times in the victory and was named MVP after the win.

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...hoto-gallery-scholastic-winners-crowned/29378

Boys U15: SweetLax 8, Long Island Express Orange 6

SweetLax finished up the weekend at 5-0, capping their undefeated run with an 8-6 win in the U15 championship over the Long Island Express Orange, which had yet to lose until the final contest.

Lucas Quinn (Niskayuna, N.Y./Syracuse) scored four times in the victory and was named MVP after the win.

Looking forward to seeing some of these guys in the 2015 2016 and 2017 classes, lots of impressive guys committed.

Six months ago everyone thought we were nuts for taking a commit from a HS frosh.

Don't look now, but UNC now has 12 of them, UVa has 11, Hopkins has 10.

We were ahead of the curve for a little while, and now it looks like we're behind. Oh Lord

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/commitments-class-of-2017/29435
I'm fine with it. Quotes like this take me off the ledge.

@tyxanders: With how early recruiting became last year, I see a boatload of ACC & Big 10 recruits who simply haven't worked hard/developed since 2013.

Lucas Quinn #52 for Sweetlax, he looks great in this vid, great btb assist!

Last edited:
Six months ago everyone thought we were nuts for taking a commit from a HS frosh.

Don't look now, but UNC now has 12 of them, UVa has 11, Hopkins has 10.

We were ahead of the curve for a little while, and now it looks like we're behind. Oh Lord

http://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/commitments-class-of-2017/29435

Ty Xanders ‏@tyxanders 2m
The ACC's four other programs have an average of 9.5 commits in the rising sophomore class. Syracuse, however, still has one. Interesting.

Ty Xanders ‏@tyxanders 36s
It's puzzling. They're losing out on a lot of talented kids - recruits outside of NY often overlook 'Cuse these days. @paulcarcaterra

Last edited:
Ty Xanders ‏@tyxanders 2m
The ACC's four other programs have an average of 9.5 commits in the rising sophomore class. Syracuse, however, still has one. Interesting.

Ty Xanders ‏@tyxanders 36s
It's puzzling. They're losing out on a lot of talented kids - recruits outside of NY often overlook 'Cuse these days. @paulcarcaterra

This is a little disturbing... I'm sure SU coaches maybe thinking, there is a "market" out there for kids who have developed into good lacrosse players later on. However, with so many schools now partaking in early recruiting the "market" for late developing prospects is seemly getting smaller. Also, I'm pretty sure the growing list of early recruiting schools (like Notre Dame, Virgina, Duke, North Carolina, Penn State etc..) are not shooting zeros on every freshman recruit. It would be one thing if we had signed five or so for 2017 but only one?

http://rising.3dlacrosse.com/3d-rising/top-30-class-2017-21-25

#23 – Lucas Quinn, Midfield, Niskayuna High School

3d Rising Evaluation: One of my favorite players on the circuit, all the kid does is score. His “highlight film” is of one game where he nets seven goals. Not bad for a freshman at a top Upstate New York program. He’s a beast that gets where he wants to go with his size and strength. His shot is a cannon and the only thing stopping it from going in is if he misses the cage. His first step is explosive – not what most may think seeing him on the field – but he’ll get that step by you and his range on his shot is scary. His shot forces defenses to stretch out giving him more room to operate. He’s a fun player to watch and I can see his stock rising as the years go by.

If I’m Coach: If I’m John Desko, its easy to see why Lucas’ one of the few verbals Syracuse has in the 2017 class. It was a no-brainer. He’s a Syracuse style midfielder — big, strong, and has a monster shot. Syracuse has relied on its top recruits early in their careers to get as much experience as they can. I don’t see why Lucas isn’t given those opportunities in his freshman year. If he’s able to get on the field early, I doubt he’ll be coming off.

Quinn is good and not even the best player on their team which is scary. My one 'worry' right now is his size - at least to my eyes. I get it he's only a sophomore but when I envision him playing mid at Syracuse I worry he's not big enough. I keep picturing Tom Grimm. Anyhow, I love his game and yeah he's only a sophomore which is crazy because he's clearly not a little boy out there.

Last edited:
NEW YORK STATE 2015 CHAMPIONSHIP STANDOUTS
By Casey Vock
Like every year, the New York State championships are a must-see display of lacrosse at its finest and feature a long list of student-athletes who will play the sport at the next level.

If you missed this weekend’s action, you can get caught up here on 3dRising.com. Below is a look at some the players who stood out on the final day of the New York State championships, which saw Niskayuna (Section II/Capital Region), Victor (Section V/Rochester) and Cold Spring Harbor (Section VIII/Nassau County) each crowed champions.

Lucas Quinn, Midfield, Niskayuna, Soph. – Syracuse
The future of the Niskayuna program the next two seasons, this Syracuse-bound midfielder ended up as the third leading scorer on the Silver Warriors roster with an impressive 77 points in his sophomore campaign, including 34 assists, good for second on the team. He scored three goals in the win over West Genesee, including two in the first half as Niskayuna set a relentless tone on offense. Quinn is smooth and confident as a dodger and he can shoot hard and accurately from different spots and ranges on the field, making him dangerous with the ball. With a sturdy frame, Quinn showed the ability to push through checks and get his shot off even with a defender on his hands or bodying him up.

image.jpg

Full article

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/new-york-state-2015-championship-standouts

Kevin Rice is not very big. Quinn may not be very tall but he has some meat on his bones. Look for him to be a stud offensively in the orange and white

Kevin Rice is not very big. Quinn may not be very tall but he has some meat on his bones. Look for him to be a stud offensively in the orange and white
Not sure what he weighs, but Quinn looks like a bull (in the cody jamieson mold). '17 class (he's a soph) so he'll continue to get stronger. Should be a wrecking machine for Nisky next year.

#23 – Lucas Quinn, Midfield, Niskayuna (N.Y.) – SYRACUSE
The Vitals:

Name: Lucas William Quinn

Position: Midfield

DOB (Age): 11/17/98 (15)

Height: 5’8

Weight: 175

Hand: RH

Family: 2 brothers

High School: Niskayuna (N.Y.)

Club Team: Albany Power and SweetLax

Commitment: Syracuse University

Schools Considered: North Carolina, Penn State, Ohio State, Delaware, Princeton

Twitter: @quinnsiph17

Favorite Lacrosse Player: John Grant Jr.

Favorite Pro Sports Team: NY Giants

Other Sports: N/A

Highlight film: and https://vine.co/v/MEnE2FJYMBn

Lucas, in his own words:

-What are your strengths/where are you most comfortable?

“I love my left-to-right split from up top. I also love dodging from the wings as well. I want to stay competitive all over the field and so I’m focusing on my defense. It’ll help me round out my game and enable me to push the field and get my hands free during transition.”

-What’s your first thought when stepping on the field?

“Let the game to come to me. Don’t over think things and do too much. Play relaxed and confident and our team will find the way to win.”

-What motivates you?

“I think about how lucky I am to have all these opportunities. There are so many people out there that don’t and I owe it to everyone around me, to work as hard as I can every day.”

-Anyone that you want to mention that has gotten you to where you are?

“Without a doubt, my parents and my brothers have been there for me. They have taught me 90 percent of everything I know. I also want to thank my coaches, Mike Vorgang, Chris Delano, and PJ Williams. They have been awesome and taught me so much about the game of lacrosse.”

3d Rising Evaluation: One of my favorite players on the circuit, all the kid does is score. His “highlight film” is of one game where he nets seven goals. Not bad for a freshman at a top Upstate New York program. He’s a beast that gets where he wants to go with his size and strength. His shot is a cannon and the only thing stopping it from going in is if he misses the cage. His first step is explosive – not what most may think seeing him on the field – but he’ll get that step by you and his range on his shot is scary. His shot forces defenses to stretch out giving him more room to operate. He’s a fun player to watch and I can see his stock rising as the years go by. - Ryan Danehy

If I’m Coach: If I’m John Desko, its easy to see why Lucas’ one of the few verbals Syracuse has in the 2017 class. It was a no-brainer. He’s a Syracuse style midfielder — big, strong, and has a monster shot. Syracuse has relied on its top recruits early in their careers to get as much experience as they can. I don’t see why Lucas isn’t given those opportunities in his freshman year. If he’s able to get on the field early, I doubt he’ll be coming off. - RD

http://rising.3dlacrosse.com/3d-rising/top-30-class-2017-21-25

Favorite player is John Grant, Jr? That fascinates me for some reason. Kid obviously knows the sport. Hope he takes some game from Grant and implements it into his own.

Anyone know if Quinn plays box?

Favorite player is John Grant, Jr? That fascinates me for some reason. Kid obviously knows the sport. Hope he takes some game from Grant and implements it into his own.

This caught my eye as well. Not sure if Quinn plays any box but Grant Jr. has obviously had quite the field career as well...I believe he's still the MLL's all-time goal leader unless Casey Powell has passed him this season.

There is a box in his home town, Niskayuna, so I'm assuming he has some sort of box background. But to say that John Grant is his favorite player shows he understands we are witnessing one of the greatest players ever to play the game. Take notes!