Class of 2018 New Commit: Owen Hill (NY/Hill Acad) Mid

Discussion in 'Syracuse Lacrosse Board' started by Whitey23, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Whitey23

Whitey23 Twitter Wizard

orange79 likes this.
  2. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Living Legend

Big commit, I think Albany was going after him hard. SU seems to be slowly working its way back in with native players.

3. OrangeXtreme

OrangeXtreme Moderator Staff Member

Huge.

Played for Akron, NY last year before transferring to the Hill Academy,

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    JeremyCuse likes this.
  4. Whitey23

Whitey23 Twitter Wizard

Ya, his brother is a sophomore at Albany now and his grandfather even went there. Big win.

JeremyCuse likes this.
  5. OrangeXtreme

Owen Hill | 3d Rising

Iroquois Nationals U19 Second Round Tryouts: High-School Age Standouts | 3d Rising

Owen Hill, Midfield/FO, Akron High School (N.Y.)/Seneca, 2018

Hill’s diversity sets himself apart on the field. His ability to play any position, and play it well enough to stand out, is really impressive considering the level talent surrounding him. Another smooth lefty with a stable physique, Hill was able to create from the high wings and either distribute to a teammate or rifle off a shot in the blink of an eye. He also had no problems getting back in to defend transition. And yes, he also took his fair share of face offs, once again showing his versatility.

6. jr4750

jr4750 All American

The Bomberry article in the DO was interesting. I think that transfer was big, and if both of the Bomberry's have big years, it will continue to help cuse bring in future players. Having Staats as an advocate can't hurt either. Need to get Austin.

7. OrangeXtreme

8. creatorsgame

creatorsgame All Conference

Was he "flipped?" Unofficially listed as Albany by LaxPower.

9. JeremyCuse

JeremyCuse Living Legend

That I am not sure, I remember hearing Albany was going after him hard but I don't recall if he previously committed there or not. With the amount of success Scott Marr has been having up on six nations and even the local Onondaga Res this is an enormous pick up. Key now is him staying committed and being eligible.

creatorsgame likes this.
  10. Orangelax

Orangelax Walk On

Ty Xanders had him listed as an 2018 Albany Commit

11. W'boro'Cuse315

W'boro'Cuse315 2nd String

From November event...

FLG in 3d Fall Shootout 2016: Notes on Standouts | 3d Rising

Owen Hill, Midfield, CNY Roadhawks, 2018

The Iroquois Nationals U-19 midfielder and Albany commit is at this point a seasoned midfield veteran running with the Roadhawks. He’s explosively athletic and has high level stick skills, but he also has strength that allows him to find additional power to get by, through, around and over defenders. His athleticism allows him to pull off acrobatic shots and, when going after groundballs, he is impressive and crafty. He can get up the field quickly, almost finding another gear and pulling away from other players. He continues to get better and look more and more like an instant impact Division I recruit for the Great Danes. He could better his monstrous numbers from last spring this year for Akron.

12. redhead091

redhead091 Walk On

is anyone as confused as I am with the the Owen Hill commitment?!? Casey Vock put out a tweet last week stating Owen had committed to 'Cuse but it he still appears as a commit to Albany on both Recruiting Rundown (Ty Xanders) and LaxPower database. Now Vock puts out a write-up about standouts from an event and he still is quoting Hill as an Albany commit?? I'm lost, is he coming to Cuse or Albany???

Additionally a poster on LaxPower on one of the Syracuse Threads (Syracuse 2017 or Syracuse Recruits) stated that the Owen Hill who committed to Cuse isn't the same Owen Hill going to Albany, which makes no sense.

I'm so confused on this commitment, can anyone decipher where Hill is committed?

13. Whitey23

Whitey23 Twitter Wizard

It is pretty confusing. My best guess is that he flipped his commitment to Cuse and Vock didn't update his notes from November when he posted them this week. But that still doesn't explain the Mr Burns' claim that it's a different Owen Hill. Hopefully Desko reached out to the correct Hill.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017 at 2:13 PM
    JeremyCuse likes this.
  14. redhead091

redhead091 Walk On

Thanks Whitey, I'm just hoping we did land him as he is a solid replacement for the loss of Chase Scanlan, much easier to swallow if we did get Owen.

Unfortunately I'm not a twitter person but can anyone tweet Vock and ask him if Hill is now a 'Cuse commit or still Albany, would love to get some clarity. Maybe the Bomberry's had something to do with getting Hill to join Cuse.

ctlax and JeremyCuse like this.