Class of 2017 - New Commit: Owen Seebold (TX), Attack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New Commit: Owen Seebold (TX), Attack

HP still has to play Coppell (Mullin's HS), Jesuit and St. Marks. I am going to try and hit up the HP v. Jesuit game on April 21.

Seems like Seebold's been injured for much of this season. Any word on when he'll be playing again?

The high school lax page is empty and can't find nothing on any games.

Seems like Seebold's been injured for much of this season. Any word on when he'll be playing again?
I had a chance to watch Highland Park play Northwest Guilford during the King of Spring. Thought it would be a good chance to see a couple of future Orange go head to head in person. (Landon Clary - 2019 Commit from NWG). Although Owen played the first half the word from some of the Highland Park parents is that Owen has been battling a nagging hip injury since before the season started. He actually went down late in the 3rd quarter of the NWG game and never returned. When he was in the game HP was a completely different team.

IMG_1863.PNG

Lax.com Rising HS Games of the Week: April 17, 2017 | 3d Rising

I think he may have an outside shot at the Under Armour game. Dordevic & Lauder would probably be our only other 2 hopefuls. Being regarded as one of the best offensive players to come out of Texas will certainly help him, they always like to add non-hotbed kids. Same with Dordevic from Oregon.

Owen Seebold, Highland Park (Texas)
Seebold was a beast in the Highlands playoff run to the state semifinals. The Syracuse commit had eight points on five goals and three assists in a 15-4 win over Cedar Park (Texas). He followed that up with five goals and four assists in a 15-4 win over Kinkaid (Texas) in the quarterfinals.

HP made the TX state Final 4 this weekend. They will be playing Jesuit again Sat. who, in the "it's a small world", is actually coached by our former great Cuse goalie Chris Surran ('93 NC team). Winner of that match gets the winner of Dallas Episcopal and The Woodlands.

Last edited:
#StickStarReport17: Division 1 Final 4 Preview. The Championship Rematch

Owen Seebold (Syracuse)
In the first matchup between these squads, Seebold saw zero minutes. Last weekend at the Austin Super Regional, Seebold saw tons of minutes, putting up 17 points between two games. Hey kids, Daddy’s home. Seebold has been sidelined by an injury all year and everyone hopes he’s back to full strength, except Jesuit. To figure out Jesuit’s plan you really just need to go back to 2016 as the Rangers effectively neutralized Seebold with the old short stick shut off. It was effective, and really helped Jesuit win it all. Will the Scots sub him out of the midfield, take some possession shots and have him chase, or have the Scots come up with some other solution? We’ll see Saturday. To get their 2nd win in as many tries, HP will need him to get loose.

Dallas Jesuit 8, Highland Park 4

Seebold had 1 goal.

Dallas Jesuit will meet Dallas Episcopal in the finals.

Jesuit beat Episcopal in the final 8-7. Congrats to Chris Surran and his team.

Growth of the sport is awesome, but man there is some terrible lacrosse played in a lot of places. I cringe when I see a highlight film with players in pinnies. That means club lax, and in turn, minimal team defense. You can't get a real sense of offensive players when everything is one on one without set slide packages like they see in "real" games.

wow. his stance was great but was he on the take?

junior high goalies would save that shot.
The teams regular goalie didn't want to play the fifth game of the day at the tournament in 100 degree heat, so they threw a backup middie in the cage. Has to be...

Growth of the sport is awesome, but man there is some terrible lacrosse played in a lot of places. I cringe when I see a highlight film with players in pinnies. That means club lax, and in turn, minimal team defense. You can't get a real sense of offensive players when everything is one on one without set slide packages like they see in "real" games.

I agree and that's a good take. I cringed after watching the goalie and my first thought - that I typed and deleted - was this is exactly why I'm leery of these kids from non-traditional areas. That clip is not a highlight. Very difficult to get a sense of these kids when the competition is so bad.

I agree and that's a good take. I cringed after watching the goalie and my first thought - that I typed and deleted - was this is exactly why I'm leery of these kids from non-traditional areas. That clip is not a highlight. Very difficult to get a sense of these kids when the competition is so bad.
I am not going to single out non-traditional areas. I have seen some awful lacrosse in sweetlax highlights and they are based in upstate. In general, team defense is an after thought in club lacrosse. When coaches scout a player and game plan for them, let's see what you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom