Class of 2016 - New Commit: Pete Dearth (CT) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 New Commit: Pete Dearth (CT) Mid

just based on viewing this brief clip i'd guess his game is more about power and velocity than speed or finesse?

just based on viewing this brief clip i'd guess his game is more about power and velocity than speed or finesse?
You're guess is as good as mine.

http://3drising.com/3d-rising/ndp-dicks039s-tournament-champions-2014-standouts

Peter Dearth, Midfield, Ridgefield (Conn.)/SweetLax, 2016 – Syracuse

Dearth, who plays for Roy Colsey at Ridgefield and for the Syracuse legend’s Superstar program out of Connecticut, was a midfielder I’d not yet seen in person until the Tournament of Champions. He’s your prototypical Division I midfield recruit: a tall, athletic player who can shoot the ball hard both with feet planted and on the run. Dearth scored goals in both ways in the semifinals, blistering the top shelf from up near the restraining line and then later hitting the top left corner with a full-speed alley dodge and sidearm shot. He was difficult to stop when he got moving and is a threat to score from out on the perimeter. Dearth is a great sleeper pick for the Orange, fitting right in with an unbelievable pack of Division I-bound midfielders.

Full game from earlier in the season. Dearth is #5 and had 5 goals. (Goal 3, 6, 7, 9, 10)

Peter Dearth, Ridgefield Boys Lacrosse

HAN-Peter-Dearth-Ridgefield-Lacrosse-2015-DAF-300x188.png

Dearth scored three goals and set up the game-winner in overtime, as the Tigers won a thriller against rival Wilton, 7-6, on Thursday. The winning play started when Dearth fired a pass to Schuyler Blair in front of Wilton net, and Blair scored 1:30 into OT. Both players were playing in their first game after being sidelined with injuries.