Class of 2018 - Tanner Wood (CT) Mid Flipped to Hobart | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Tanner Wood (CT) Mid Flipped to Hobart

Just finished watching the second half, quick rundown, I don't think either commit had a point. Burt was quite only real mention he had was that he did things that won't show up on box score. And wood had a couple shots, one point blank and saved by the NC goalie, who the announcers said was amazing In goal. Also think the announcers said that the the NC defense was a top defense in that county/section.

Score was NC 7 Staples 4.

Just finished watching the second half, quick rundown, I don't think either commit had a point. Burt was quite only real mention he had was that he did things that won't show up on box score. And wood had a couple shots, one point blank and saved by the NC goalie, who the announcers said was amazing In goal. Also think the announcers said that the the NC defense was a top defense in that county/section.

Score was NC 7 Staples 4.
That was ugly. I haven't seen Darien play yet to say if NC is definitively the best but have seen NC 3x and the defense is very talented. 2 guys going D1 and the goalie to Maryland. Status quo for Burt. No real impact out there. Tanner will want 2-3 shots back. Could have been the difference

That was ugly. I haven't seen Darien play yet to say if NC is definitively the best but have seen NC 3x and the defense is very talented. 2 guys going D1 and the goalie to Maryland. Status quo for Burt. No real impact out there. Tanner will want 2-3 shots back. Could have been the difference
Also thought wood was a middie, but he was playing attack. Did he switch in the preseason??

Staples vs Darien Online at ~7:30pm (after the Burt/Dearth matchup)

Faegan

Last edited:
Just saw part of the 4th quarter (I was coaching my son's lacrosse team tonight)... I don't think I saw Staples get a possession. Darien's FOGO is legit.

Tanner scored a nice goal to make it 2-1 Staples and I thought it might be a ball game. At the end of the 1st it was 3-2 and Darien had a long possession. Staples caused a turnover and the kid was triple teamed trying to leg it out. Really thought the Staples coach should have used a timeout but he didn't... Darien gets the loose ball and scores, wins the face off and scores, comes back from the break wins the face off and scores. 6-2 game in about 2min of game time. Darien too talented.

Boys lacrosse: Staples grinds out win over Newtown
Tanner Wood had a good game (3,1) over the weekend. He's had some experience at midfield and attack, which seems like a common trait for a lot of the guys Syracuse has coming in next season, including Dordevic and Curry. From watching some games and highlights, Wood seems like a shooter, and not a primary carrier for Staples. He's a lefty. Evan Zinn, a JHU recruit, is one of their main dodgers.

Here's the link

Missed the first two goals of staples. So I only know who scored... But I've seen him take on jump turnaround shot that was saved.

Wood has 1 goal so far.
The staples offense looks bad. Not much movement and looks like no one can take their defender one on one.

4-4 half. Stil one goal. Had a shot on goal on emo but saved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom