New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New, Exciting Topic: Bringing in a WR Coach

I understand that. I am saying I don't value coaching at the WR position. I bring up White b/c at some point you will need to promote him unless you decide you would rather put more money in that position.

I think high level coaching at the WR position is going to be worth about .4 of a win with the new offense.

Shafer has shown he doesn't necessarily value coaching experience at positions that need it (OL hire for example, no history of ever coaching offensive line for Adam). So, I anticipate it will be a D2 or D3 head coach (or former head coach) or a current high school coach.

What exactly is the new offense? I'm curious to know, since there hasn't been a consistent system in place since the days of Pasqualoni and DeLeone.

move adams to specials/TE move Acosta to WR Bring in a top level OL coach
Just checked, and the OL coach for Western Michigan when Shafer was DC there, under Cubit, has been coaching OL in the NFL since he left WMU. Currently on staff with the Titans.

Get the band back together! :rolleyes:

with macdonald leaving they freed up a boatload of money. i'd pay top dollar for an OL coach/run game coordinator type as Go suggests with Reagan. you dont break the bank on a WR coach. Shore up the meat of the offensive staff at the most important position.

with macdonald leaving they freed up a boatload of money. i'd pay top dollar for an OL coach/run game coordinator type as Go suggests with Reagan. you dont break the bank on a WR coach. Shore up the meat of the offensive staff at the most important position.

Some of that money probably has been re-allocated to some current staff as well, perhaps to stave off leaving for another job.

I would assume shafer knows he will be coaching for his job over the next year or two depending on how long the leash is so I have to guess he's going to try and get a sure thing and someone he knows he can trust. I doubt he takes a flyer on someone with little experience.

I'm expecting a hire by the end of next week. Going to be an interesting one I think.
Based on information you have received or your gut feeling?

Stoops hires ECU OC Lincoln Riley as OU OC

Stoops hires ECU OC Lincoln Riley as OU OC
Artie Johnson.jpg

B/c it's primarily a recruiting position in an offense that is no longer going to really focus on WR's.

White connects with kids and you are giving him a promotion while giving him more time to talk/recruit kids.

With as much video as he watches/gathers and his friendship with McDonald, you really don't think he can teach guys how to run routes and work a JUGS machine? Especially given the talks about his work ethic?

For all I care about this position, move Adam to WR coach and bring in a guy that has coached OL before...

WR coach = recruiting position over coaching position, IMO.

Really? Wow...most ridiculous thing I have heard yet.

Eric White is not, I repeat NOT A COACH, he is good at social media and he already recruits for us. Why the HELL would we give him a coaching position when we have a finite number of coaching positions over someone who can both recruit and actually show a receiver how to run a route from experience, the nuances of a position.

I read a book on coaching once and played in HS, does that qualify me to be a D1 receivers coach, absolutely not. Neither does typing on my phone like White does.

I need to go lay down after reading what you said, I just threw my phone across the room.