New Field Turf? | Syracusefan.com

New Field Turf?

bothsocksup

Starter
Will the new field turf brighten things up a bit? or is it because of the dome that the turf looks a bit dull on tv?

I think it's because the turf is covered so regularly and has so much traffic. It's dull and matted. The new turf will look the same after a couple years, In my opinion.

I think its a combo of the awful dome lighting and the roof. The dome roof was last replaced in 1999, there has to have been some improvements in the past 16 years that makes the material more translucent. I think a more translucent roof and better lighting in the dome would go a LOOOOOOOONG way in improving its look on tv and live.

I think its a combo of the awful dome lighting and the roof. The dome roof was last replaced in 1999, there has to have been some improvements in the past 16 years that makes the material more translucent. I think a more translucent roof and better lighting in the dome would go a LOOOOOOOONG way in improving its look on tv and live.

The lighting needs updated badly IMO. A more translucent roof won't do anything for rainy, overcast, or night games. What it would do is turn up the heat even more on hot, sunny days.

The lighting needs updated badly IMO. A more translucent roof won't do anything for rainy, overcast, or night games. What it would do is turn up the heat even more on hot, sunny days.

I agree especially with Ephesus Lighting being HQ'd in Armory Square
http://ephesuslighting.com/
However, if the Dome's future is going to be debated the next 12 months or so...you might as well wait...add upgraded lighting to the new remodel or new facility.

I believe the red zones will have Orange sidelines. And, the blue outlining the wording in the end zones is darker, which looks really sharp in the IPF.

-47caeaf2aee0d500.jpg

Looks slick, too bad it looks like a different orange and blue then they have on the jerseys.

-47caeaf2aee0d500.jpg

Looks slick, too bad it looks like a different orange and blue then they have on the jerseys.
That's a really crisp, clear picture of it. The blue is closer, than it looks there, to the uniform though. The Orange, I couldn't tell you.

-47caeaf2aee0d500.jpg

That photo has been edited.. or its the lighting because other pictures show that the colors are more accurate to what they should be. I remember people talking about this when they first put in the turf.

It will look much brighter once the new orange Field Turf is installed this summer.

Which will make our new all blue uniforms look stunning! And our new all orange uniforms will give us an option to go stealth against stronger opposition, or just because we can. We apologize for hurting the fans' eyes and senses yet again, for it will be a bit harder to follow the action. But our University is fully committed not only to Academic but also Football excellence and raising both to the next level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom