New Francis Podcast out Tuesday | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Francis Podcast out Tuesday

Yep, G is making them look like fools

The guy averaged 17.7 ppg and just under 5 assists and 2 steals in a 12 game acc stretch last year was there even any doubt? I mean really?

Loved the assessments on the '13 and '14 recruiting classes. Can't argue with any of the individual appraisals. When you look at them in total, we really did miss on a number of guys. Overall talent level is obviously down on this team. Good point that SU is still competitive in these losses, but have to clean up the last few minutes. Hope to hear more recruiting updates in the near future. Brief mention of Quaday Green (sp?) and our chances. No mention of PF/C recruit that we have offered.

Loved the assessments on the '13 and '14 recruiting classes. Can't argue with any of the individual appraisals. When you look at them in total, we really did miss on a number of guys. Overall talent level is obviously down on this team. Good point that SU is still competitive in these losses, but have to clean up the last few minutes. Hope to hear more recruiting updates in the near future. Brief mention of Quaday Green (sp?) and our chances. No mention of PF/C recruit that we have offered.
I spoke about them more in depth in my previous podcast up above. I like Green, haven't been too impressed with his teammate Cosby-Roundtree but apparently he has had a solid season so far.

I spoke about them more in depth in my previous podcast up above. I like Green, haven't been too impressed with his teammate Cosby-Roundtree but apparently he has had a solid season so far.
Thanks, heard the prior podcast, will go back and take a listen.

Great new podcast as always Francis! Can't really disagree with anything.

- A supposed 'elite' team in a top notch conference can't afford to or at least shouldn't be missing on so many prospects. Ron P, BJ, Chino, Kaleb, are HUGE strikeouts by the staff. No way to argue otherwise. I mean none of them can/could even be role players. A silver lining is Chino being a factor in bringing in Chukwu, apparently. An incomplete (trending downwards) on Roberson as Francis said. Howard is an incomplete. Cooney shouldn't be playing so many 'alpha dog' like minutes but we have no other options. He is just limited with what he can do out there as well. G is playing out of position. Throw in the Diagne mess, Coleman never developing due to injury and maybe being overrated, the McCullough departure (although it seemed like he would always be 1-and-done, regardless) and we are where we are. The staff should definitely be held accountable for much of this, IMO.

I watched a recent game of Neumann Goretti vs Roman Catholic(Tony Carr/Lamar Stevens, top 100 PSU commits). Green is going to be a treat to watch if he ends up at SU. Crafty scorer that can get buckets at all three levels. Doesn't handle the ball as much as you would expect due to NG's four guard lineup, but he's involved in the majority of their playmaking whether it's points or assist. He had 20 points and 6 assist in the win. Finally got to see DCR at his best in this one. Used his size well to position himself down low for buckets inside. Was a force defensively, blocking and altering numerous shots. Strength is still an issue but he looks a bit stronger than he was last year and that'll improve over time. He finished with 22 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

Francis03 said:
I watched a recent game of Neumann Goretti vs Roman Catholic(Tony Carr/Lamar Stevens, top 100 PSU commits). Green is going to be a treat to watch if he ends up at SU. Crafty scorer that can get buckets at all three levels. Doesn't handle the ball as much as you would expect due to NG's four guard lineup, but he's involved in the majority of their playmaking whether it's points or assist. He had 20 points and 6 assist in the win. Finally got to see DCR at his best in this one. Used his size well to position himself down low for buckets inside. Was a force defensively, blocking and altering numerous shots. Strength is still an issue but he looks a bit stronger than he was last year and that'll improve over time. He finished with 22 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 blocks.

Great info. Do you think DCR's skills will translate to the ACC?

Great info. Do you think DCR's skills will translate to the ACC?
Need to see more of him against other players his size, but I think as long as he continues to get stronger and with good coaching that he could be a serviceable big man at least.

Need to see more of him against other players his size, but I think as long as he continues to get stronger and with good coaching that he could be a serviceable big man at least.
Cool, and as big man, we are talking at forward?

Good stuff, as usual. But if you are going to become a true Floridian you need to tighten up the "you all".
Lol I'll never want to be a true Floridian buddy. The Bronx will never leave my blood. :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom